1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing car tag with Stargel Aprilia

Discussion in 'General' started by EMathy, May 8, 2003.

1. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

All right...

Monday the 5th. I'm minding my own business, driving from Oakland, CA back to Green Bay, WI. Somewhere in Nevada I hit a rest stop so my dog and I can take care of business. Whilst Ursula does what dogs do on green grass, I'm watching traffic roll by. What do I see? The Stargel Aprilia rig, heading east on 80!

Well, damn!

Get back in my truck, start rolling eastwards. Fast foward to around 6 hours later. Sitting at the bottom of the ramp @ Winnamucca, Wyoming. Idly cussing out the guy in front of me, who is waiting for something, I don't know what.

Oh, he's waiting for the Stargel Aprilia rig to turn left back onto 80.

Missed 'em by 10 minutes! Damn!

Didn't see them after that. Figure their rig has a longer range than mine (new diesel vs. 1990 Dodge Ram) and they had at least two drivers to my one. Didn't keep me from looking, though! It also gave me something to do besides listen to the voices in my head. ;)

Rocky: Hope you guys had a decent drive back. Sorry I didn't get the chance to stop by your pits at Sears. No worries, though, I'll be bringing brats to Road America.

Last edited: May 8, 2003
  2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

and the new leathers....I mean Ursula to Grattan:D :D :D

3. EMathy

Re: Re: Playing car tag with Stargel Aprilia

Wiseass! Only if you bring my bed warmer...I mean Paula to Grattan for an exchange. :p :D

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Re: Re: Re: Playing car tag with Stargel Aprilia

Hmmm, let´s wait and see if dog leather will even hold up. I´m checking into it......;)

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You can leave the brats at home!;)

6. EMathy

Re: Re: Playing car tag with Stargel Aprilia

Hah! You wouldn't be saying that if I was also bringing some good 'ol Point beer, ya Cheesehead. :p

7. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

re: My rig?

Erik,

Thats really cool...except our truck is still in California! We will have a new rig for Road Atlanta next week. What did this 'imposter Team Stargel' rig look like? Man, thats funny!

I look forward to seeing you at Elkhart. I love that track!

Take care,

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Aprilia

8. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Playing car tag with Stargel Aprilia

Point beer is an acquired taste... it takes awhile to acquire it too ;)