1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peoria TT 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jul 26, 2022.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Anyone going to the AFT Peoria TT race this weekend? Looks like Henry Wiles passed his piss test and he's coming back to kick some ass again.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I missed this. What's the deal? Henry's a good dude.

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

And, will probably win it, again. Haha! Dude rules that place.

Him walking through the pits. :D
    90E7946E-F5E4-409C-B514-97D1E46EDCB5.jpeg

cpettit and E Reed like this.
  4. grasshopper

He won the race but then the drug test he took before the weekend came back positive and they stripped the win from him. He lost his ride with Turner Racing Honda when that happened. Nothing official from AFT on it. This is the only article that I could find. But that would have been his 15th win if they let the result stay in place.

https://www.sideburnmagazine.com/post/wiles-smith-fail-drugs-tests

G 97 likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I will be there in the Red team colors. Come by and introduce yourselves and get a shirt or hat. Peoria is something special and EVERYONE wants to win that race. But so few are able.

cpettit likes this.
  6. grasshopper

I'll come say howdy. See you Saturday and good luck

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It's sad that is where I grew up and I've never seen a race there. Every year when I still lived back there, my dad and I would be at a drag strip that weekend. Which was also very cool, but I should have figured out a way to check it out.

Maybe next year with proper planning I can go out there and see @Robby-Bobby and whoever else from here shows up. If you get in a bind, my parents, my sister and brother-in-law still live in a Peoria suburb. I can probably help you out.