1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paying for race fees at track

Discussion in 'General' started by diamondj, Jul 3, 2007.

1. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

All,

Dumb newbie question that I couldn't find through the search function - What form of payment is accepted at the track for race fees/memberships/transponder rentals/etc...? Checks? Credit cards? Cash?

Thanks,

Jim

2. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

I use cash for gate fees and credit card for races. I do remember seeing someone write a check before but with debit cards, why use checks?? :Poke:

3. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Because for some of us who get paid on Monday or Tuesday(like me) it allows me to come out to play if I dont have enough money at the start of the weekend. Ex. I am currently running low on money right now. I plan on doing a trackday at Jenings this weekend, so I'm going to write a check. I get paid on Monday night so by the time Jennings cashes the check I will have enough money in there. When you use a check card, the amount that you put on the card is automatically put on hold by your bank. If you dont have enough you'll get declined and wont be racing:tut:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.

5. vito2279

Now you're special, the boss man has chimed in on your thread :D

6. coferj

coferj Well-Known Member

Ah, gotta love playing, "beat the bank."

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Honestly, if you're playing 'beat the bank' for a trackday, you should consider a cheaper sport.

8. vito2279

Like what? I REFUSE to ride a bike on the street!! I'd rather play "beat the bank" anyday then turn my race bike into a street bike.

9. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. :D Hey Vic, this is a thread about "race fees", what would you know about those anyway? :Poke:

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Thats just cold, Gill!!

11. vito2279

Good God Gill, even I have to laugh at that one. I am RACING AT JENNINGS DAMN IT!!!!!

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Unless WERA (or other org/vendor) has the ability to scan your check ... and request an immediate hold on funds. If you are overdrawn, not only do you not race, you end up with overdraft fees to boot.

If you have to "beat the bank" to go racing, skip one weekend and start off the cycle of race weekends with a buffer.

I still think of the day in Memphis when a guy racked himself up pretty bad. Paralyzed while racing and had ... no insurance. I can't see how people do it.

13. vito2279

I agree Rick, I did trackdays and racing for two years without health insurance. I know PLENTY of guys still doing it. It was definitely one of the worst decisions I've ever made. I had two wrecks within the two years and by the grace of God I was not injured :)