Passport (Card or Book) - Expedited service? Less than a week.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Dec 4, 2017.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not too easy... you have to show cause and convince them.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Never, thought you can have 2, everytime I get a new one it gets a big whole punch in my old one making it invalid. Pm me

3. Captain Morgan

Motion, not sure I reach the government standard and no cause or convience.

4. Captain Morgan

5. My company gives me a letter that says something along the lines of “please approve a 2nd Passport due to extensive Visa requirements” or some shit like that.

I give them the letter and that’s it. They’ve never questioned it or given me a hard time.

6. Captain Morgan

I leave for the Caribbean in 6 hours. See you guys on the flip side

I
    I

7. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Yep, my company gave me the same letter. Another justification is if your job requires you to go to countries that don't like certain visa's. For instance, I have one for Muslim countries and one for Israel. Show up to Israel with Afghan visa's and you're in for a good time. We had one idiot get detained upon entry for three days over that.

The only real downside is your secondary PP is only good for two years.

stk0308, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Broome and Rogue nailed it. Those are the 2 reasons.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, does the military have to deal with this sh*t?

10. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

No. I never even had a passport when I was in the mil.

11. Very good point!!!!
    That's correct, after that 24(plus a bit more sometimes) period after you book it is when you get into the ticket penalties. I do this almost on a weekly basis as my flights are always changing so half the time I am within the 24 hours.

12. Mines 2 years old and I'm going to have to get a new one soon as I don't think they sew on extra pages anymore. Last 3 trips I got warnings.

13. That doesn't work in Atl, well the last part anyway but the first parts work great. I had my employer write a letter stating I needed to be in x country by x date and that was all they needed to see, I had that as a backup plan and it turned out to be the one that was sufficient.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. I went to my passport appointment today @7 am this morning . My start date @ SpaceX with their header in an official letter was all I needed to have a passport book and card expedited by Friday @ 12pm. It cost $200. I can start work next week. :flag:

Phl218, crashman and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This reminds me I need to renew mine...

16. Really? When did they stop doing that?

I had it done to my first Passport 3 times. It was so thick that it was damn near like a book.

It was in my backpack that got stolen and had to get a new one. I’m down to like 7-8 pages left in my current one and was planning on getting more pages sewn in. I didn’t know they don’t do that anymore.

Shit. I don’t want to have to go through the BS of getting a new one again.

17. Not sure when but when I looked on their website and called they said I need a new one. Hope that's not the case but probably another money making thing :). Plus my visa's for China, etc are all in that passport.

18. Well. Fuck.

They will let you keep your current Passport with the Visas in it. They will just punch holes in that bar/scanner part so you can’t use it for traveling; but the Visas will still be good.

I had to carry around 2 Passports while my Visas for Indonesia and Malaysia were current for the same reason.

19. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

They stopped adding pages about two years ago. It looks like a 12y/o did mine anyway. Now they have two different sizes. I forget how many pages are in each.

20. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Carried 2 back in the day.