PART 2: 07 GSXR 1000 valve adjustment

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gapman789, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

easy kiddo...i dont always read the 13 pages of drivel. i posted up my opinion and yeah, i too have built an engine or two...if you were the magic genie, congrats...but then why even respond to my post..

still, if it is 100% stock, having ex cam 1 tooth advanced wont cause interference on that motor. sorry, my guess is he either went 2 teeth, or something else happened when he reassembled it. those stock G1k got a ton of ptv...but hey, glad ya figured it out.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Here's a sound clip/video too ed, in case you missed it. http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2agmfiu&s=7

Does not sound good. And the pics are obvious that I've made contact with the pistons.

The #2 on the EX and the #3 on the IN were perpendicular with the head surface when I lst put it together and started the motor.
    I couldn't see the #1 mark with the arrow on the EX cam which is supposed to be paralled with the head surface, so I had to go by the #2 and #3 marks on the cam gears.
    Having looked closer at the diagram in the manual, I realized that the #2 and #3 marks are actually supposed to be rotated forward ever so slightly. Not perpendicular with the head surface.
    I thought it was (1) notch out, but it was basically (1) link on the cam chain, so that may come out to (2) notches. I still had 14 pins from #2 mark on the EX and #3 mark on the IN during bad timiing and proper timing.

Man, I wish I could go with the 'not to worry' theory, but it sounds bad and the pics obviously show that it is bad.

We, dark6, checked the current clearances again. No missing dowels or seals.
    Everything is currently properly set.
    Just got a helluva banging noise.

We'll do a leak down test before I drop the motor just for shits and giggles.

Thanks for trying to give me some good news ed. :up:

3. dark6

dark6 cockasaurus

sorry i'm an asshole..:beer: I can't help it.

4. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

subscribed

5. CMDI

CMDI End User

Who is this artist?
    I gotta get ahold of this guy.

6. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

It's me. I do commission work also.
    Nudes only of wimmins though.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You sure? Looks more like Putter's daughter's work...

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:D

9. JMR

JMR New Member

All this from a valve adjustment thread that took 6 pages of posting? I can't wait to read about replacing the cylinder head.