1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan American Racing Series

Discussion in 'General' started by koth442, Dec 16, 2021.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I
    It's been around for a few years now I believe just named something else. It's the classic case of starting in a market that is bare (south Florida) and then growing into a more competitive market Market, I don't see it competing with wera though. It may compete with ccs with the issues they've been having with rider satisfaction..

3. noles19

I
    It's been around for a few years now I believe just named something else. It's the classic case of starting in a market that is bare (south Florida) and then growing into a more competitive market Market, I don't see it competing with wera though. It may compete with ccs with the issues they've been having with rider satisfaction..

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No there isn't. What does exist is a small market that will be hurt by even more division. But yet again someone knows they can do it better because they were successful in one tiny area. They'll do it for a bit and then disappear leaving the area more screwed up.

And once they're gone we'll still be here running races.

5. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Yeah.. Divide and conquer doesn't really work here. More of divide and the whole fuckin thing collapses. But whatever. People gonna do what people gonna do.

418 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's annoying as hell but same as always we'll cut back things where we need to and survive. It may seem egotistical to an extent but we think it's important to the sport for the consistency to remain instead of going back to the pre ERA days of every track having their own org and rules.

khill likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Here I was waiting for a new race organisation to spring up when the lawsuit was won.

Circacee and 418 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Great rebranding......Jesus, thats a terrible name

yamatr3 and Philip Mirgliotta like this.
  10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

this is the old FMRRA series that's been going on for years. it dominates florida racing, and causes some CCS events to cancel due to low signups. from what i've heard, they qualify on saturday and race on sunday. but the races pay cash. so all the fast riders go to chase that money.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What’s the old saying? Everyone has a plan right up until they get punched in the face?
    Or until funding dries up and you’re right to being a track day wiener.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats poppycock.

They are...and I quote here...."...the premier race series in the Southeast...." and have a "...historic annual schedule."

So CLEARLY your Johnny-come-lately organization is the one who will fold under the unrelenting might of this storied and historic organization.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

:rolleyes:

koth442 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

With a name like pan american I would assume there'd be some races south of the border, no?

KneeDragger_c69, yamatr3 and koth442 like this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's sort of like the "World Series."

Circacee and 418 like this.
  16. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Maybe they are aiming at the trans community in racing.

Circacee likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

well with logic like that you’d assume that Trackday Winners would win at everything or, at very least, something, right?

everything I can think of lately they’ve lost at. But who’s keeping score right?

18. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Its still a PBIRRRA series where 60-70% of their schedule is at palm beach international raceway and all their rounds outside of PBIR and Homestead have always had very limited attendance. They do some things right in particular their registration and qualifying processes, starting light and cash payouts for podium places in their premier races (which is subsidized by forcing participants to buy their fuel from the track pumps at exorbitant prices). They also do some unpopular things of recent such as raising costs for practice and races while also decreasing track time for each individual class to make room for gimmicks like their 300cc relay races on saturday and adding a sidecar class along with a trackday group practice session. If PBIR ends up getting sold I don't see how it'll survive.

19. noles19

Well it's amazing how much more expensive things get for the event when you rent nicer places, and then when people don't show up it gets more expensive

koth442 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd love to do things better on our end - what is different in registration? Guessing all online/phone/app based.

Qualifying isn't feasible when you're running a lot more classes as we've shown before. It's cool but with our stuff I have to be as sure ass possible about rules legality and such. Starting lights are meh, BTDT 30 years ago and they're honestly nothing special if you have a good starter. I'd probably go back to using them but it's more equipment to buy and maintain and haul around or have others haul around. Easy if you're doing one region, not as easy doing three full setups and relying on our officials to haul equipment for us. The fees going up isn't a surprise, have to pay the bills. The event schedule is interesting for sure doing Qualifying one day and then a short warmup and racing the next. Can't see one set of fees paying the bills on top of paying the purses without the track helping out and that's not going to happen further north.