1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pads..... Brake Pads

Discussion in 'General' started by PA_backroads, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Your pads are....

Poll closed Apr 13, 2009.
  1. Vesrah SRJL

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Vesrah RJL

25 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. DP

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Carbon Loraine

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Galfer

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. SBS

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. EBC

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  8. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. PA_backroads

PA_backroads '04 GSXR 600

I am a trackday rider in need of some new stoppers..... Too many choices at "Brake pads 'R' us" I would like something with more bite than stock, but still progressive. Long life is a plus. Thanks in advance!

2. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Wow - this is going to be a subjective can of worms.....

But I'll just say this - Performance Friction also makes really good pads, so add them to your list to consider. I have used Vesrah's, Performance Friction, and EBC. I would used the other two over EBC in my experience.

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I think you'll be very pleased with the RJL's. Put it this way - up until this year I was using the SRJL's - I switched over based on some recommendations here and I have to say the regular RJL's brake consistently, have excellent feel and don't throw an excessive amount of dust around. They'll also stand you on your nose when needed.

Recommended :up:

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I used Carbonne Lorraine Superbike pads from Stickboy last year on my SV and I was very happy with them. Great initial bite, very consistent over time, and they last.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the new "EPFA" extreme pro pads are WAY better than the old gfa pads and last..and last.. and last. The old pads did not heat cycle well and even when there was material left you just lost stopping power. Alos, Gary G. with ebc usa is pretty entertaining:) Heard good things about most of the other pads, just dont bother with new stuff when i find somethin that works pretty good (and pays contingency)

6. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

SBS have an extremely linear feel.

7. WERA_864

WERA_864 Well-Known Member

I like the new EBC pro performance.

As good as SRJL and a lot cheaper.

8. Quiks66

Quiks66 Billy the Kid

Galfer HH pads are great. Don't stop very well when cold (if you ride on the street) but work great on the track. I've heard only great things about the Vesrah RJL/SRJL and only poor remarks about the EBC's.

9. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

SBS by Parts Unlimited pads come in various compounds.
    The Dual Carbon is a good upgrade and the cost is right.
    Their Dual Sintered is a pad that was developed/is used for WSBK and Endurance racing and is phenomenal. They lowered the price 30% too...and you should be able to go all season on em.

10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

:up:

11. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

if i was racing i might would spend the extra dough for the vesrah they are very good pads but they make a mess on the front wheel when they get old. for track days i would go with the carbone loraines for sure. they work real good and last longer. and they are priced right for a trackday rider.

12. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

I got/get great life and excellent performance out of my RJL's. I just mounted up a new set. Got 13,000 hard cornering (canyon) miles and about 6 trackdays out of 'em.... the feel, stopping power, progressiveness and lack of fade are superb on them. rather than fading, they just seem to get better and better the hotter they are.... awesome pads.

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Vesrah all the way. It's your choice whether you go RJL or SRJL. You'll like the RJL, but you'll freak once you go SRJL!!!! Nothing else will ever compare. :)

14. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

Performance Friction 05 compounds, 95 for rain.

15. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I've been a big fan of the RJL's for a while now. :up:

16. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Ferodo XRACs here.

17. eldiabloe1

eldiabloe1 Active Member

Ferodo STACs because I spend more time on the street but need a little better pad for track day use.

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Performance Friction.

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

VESRAH The RJL wears great.

20. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

anyone else care to comment on the Ferodo pads.