Packers/Vikings

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

The trite saying: Time heals all wounds might actually be appropriate here. I'm pretty sure he'll wind up in the GBP Hall of fame, and fondly remembered for the good stuff he did.

Chris Collinsworth made a really good point, if the sexting had been to any other chickie poo, no one but Deanna would really care, but since the woman was part of the Jets org., it becomes a league matter, so now they have to handle it.

We'll see how this impacts his 'legacy'. I guess it's matter of whether the league is going to use him as an example and suspend him, or just fine him and be done with it.

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky you have an NFL team.

The only pro football team we have is in Chapel Hill. :D

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Since Big Ben was never convicted of anything but still got four weeks of time out, I can see the league doing something. I thought at first it might be a slap on the wrist, but with how much additional media attention it is getting, (See SNL) the league may not like the image that is being portrayed and they might get a bit tougher on him.

4. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I dunno.....just looked like a helluva back-and-forth game to me.

Go Pats!

5. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Bla Bla Bla BLA

Farvin to Harvin is the best combo in the nfl..

What a great game.. You can Keep the paker quaterback aaron whatever his name is..

We aint done yet..

It's all because the text Farve sent to his wife got intercepeted by some new york jets cheerleader.. That's what it's all about

It's causing too much hoopla.. Who gives a shit about a text anyway.. What is the world coming to...

6. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Most penalized team in the league gets 2 penalties....Yep that sounds about right.

7. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Brett kept giving management the bullshit story of "I might retire or I may come back" which we know now is his way of getting out of training camp. There came a point where Mike and Ted finally called his bluff and he got all butthurt. Boo f'ing hoo. If he had just said "give me 2 years and don't make me come to camp", maybe he would've retired a Packer.

He made his own bed. I hated to see him go, but at the same time it was time for the drama to end.

8. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I am just pissed Driver didn't get a catch. WTF!

Bad calls on both sides of the ball, but I thought the one in the end zone was a catch. Had control of the ball, both feet in, and in the endzone equals a touchdown right. Even if it wasn't I thought it was only first or second down. Still had a chance to score.

I think Brent is respected and will be viewed highly by Packers fans, but as long as he plays for the Vikes and shows up in our house he will be booed. Its a mind game with him.

9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Driver couldn't run well, he had a deep thigh bruise - couldn't get open. Post-game Rodgers said that breaking that streak really bothered him, he really likes Driver.

10. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

They should have ran the play where Rodgers hits him at the line of scrimmage with a quick shot. Done deal. It was like 8 years streak or something. Poor coaching by McCarthy IMO.

11. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

I would like to beat a dead horse..
    On Monday, Childress told the media that he spoke to Carl Johnson, the league's vice president of officiating, about the missed call.

"I was told this morning that that was a touchdown by Carl Johnson," Childress said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5730826

12. DrA5

Hands up, who thinks that BF is milking this ankle fracture a bit too much? Ok, he has a fracture, but he seems to be able to run around when he is happy and then leaving the press conference stage, made it look like he is about 90.

My take is that he will hem and haw all week on playing on Sunday, then "miraculously" take to the field running on Sunday vs the Pats. Everyone will cheer is tenacity and gutty strength. It will be on every ESPN clip. Women will throw flowers. Men will cry. When all it was was more drama that he is needing to stir up to focus more on him, instead of the vikings record.

Because he is going up against the best QB (along with Manning) in recent history. ..........................and needs every edge he can get.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't forget his "consecutive starts" stat is pretty hollow. I can't recall exactly when it was, but he was injured and started the first drive of the following game with a handoff then a hasty retreat to the locker room. Hell, Joe Theisman could have done that after LT snapped his leg in half.

14. DrA5

There were many times as a Packer that he took to the field when he shouldnt have. Numerous episodes of him having the flu and puking on the field, his wrist injury, hand injury, etc.

But as Chilly and the Vikings fans will see, when you have #4 on the team, he is the coach, GM and owner all wrapped up into one. He will decide what to do and when. If a coach thinks he needs to sit him down, he will feel the wrath of Favre and Favre will just keep playing. Anyone remember last year?

(PS- I just finally read the rehashed Mary/Ben Spies thread. I dont want to be a "John Ross" on Brett Favre though and after reading that, I felt dirty. Maybe I should tone it down a bit on the old man. After all, the best thing for us Packer fans is to have him as the Viking quarterback. LOL! )

15. nickmick

nickmick Active Member

yeah, d-bag mccarthy let my boy down. inexcusable.

as commissioner of the NFL, i'm giving merriweather a 1-day exemption from the lead with the helmet rule, as long as the target is brett favre. and i don't care if he's on the sidelines, either.

i hope brett plays, it will do nothing except continue his hilarious fall from grace.

16. pickled egg

Why? Your team isn't exactly setting the field afire, maybe you should concentrate on your own shortcomings and less on the shortcomings of the prima donna you've ousted... :Poke:

I love Thursday morning quarterbacking! :D

17. nickmick

nickmick Active Member

this is a load of crap. the first time he came into lambeau as a non-packer, we certainly gave a standing ovation.

but, now it's over. he alienated whatever fan base he had left, especially with his "this is the best team i've ever been apart of" comments (superbowl team was garbage, eh?) and his offseason bs drama. you wanna keep playing, fine. but what do you want us to do? keep cheering for our biggest rival's quarterback every time they come into our house?

packer fans respect players as a person, not just their accomplishments. and what did farve accomplish? He was apart of the team that got a ring. and what was the cost of that one ring? many, many seasons of record-setting turnovers and giant choke performances in games that really mattered.

18. DrA5

The fact that the Packers from the 60's are treated like Gods here in Wisconsin says a lot about our fan base. Take a look at how many bridges, parks, streets, trails, highways, etc. in WI are named after Packers and coaches. Starr, Gregg, Thurston, Hornung, Lombardi, Lambeau, Nitschke, Taylor, Kramer........

Those players respected the team, the history, the city and the legacy. We dont get that same feel from #4 and as a result, we wont warm up to him by the way he left. Lombardi left, and is still revered. So, its down to HOW they left. And what they did after that.

#4 may, I repeat may, have his number retired by the Packers and put into the ring of fame (he will be in the Packer Hall of Fame). Just dont hold your breath for it being anytime soon.

19. pickled egg

Well it ain't like GB has anything else to name things after... :Poke:

I will give you props though on a great football legacy in that far-away podunk hamlet. :clap:

20. DrA5

Something to be said for the smallest city to have a professional franchise still going strong after all these years. The tallest building in Green Bay is a hospital.

I thought i heard recently that the Packers are the number 3 NFL team in regards to fan base and merchandising.