Old uniforms/leathers/team apparel...

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannonball39, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

This is aimed at motorsports, stick/ball sports, school stuff, even work related...

Burn it? Keep it? Depends on how the relationship ended? Keep wearing it sans any custom embroidery? Frame it? Make it into a keepsake of some sort?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on what it is and how the relationship ended would be my answer.

3. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I got off on custom embroidery with name, title, etc and when a job or situation changed, the old stuff got tossed in a drawer somewhere if it was a positive situation OR became a tug-toy for the dog if it was woefully underwhelming.

I went looking through old stuff over the holidays and the gear is still in great shape but the custom embroidery is misleading... Maybe I can get someone to professionally remove the custom embroidery and go from there?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stick a piece of duct tape over the misleading shit and wear it. Who cares beyond that.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I have 30 years worth of accumulated hockey gear of all type. I kept the couple of jersey's that meant anything to me and then packed 4 hockey bags full of stuff and gave it to the local rink for less fortunate kids to use.

Made me feel kind of good inside (and the house smell much better).