1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLD MX photos

Discussion in 'General' started by RazzelldazelS, Jan 6, 2014.

1. RazzelldazelS

RazzelldazelS Well-Known Member

The recent thread about the "what was your first bike" had me looking for any pics. of my first, which was a Mini Enduro. I could not find any of that bike, but I did come across plenty of some of my other early dirty bikes. I just wanted to share these for general amusement of you folks and I didn't want to jack that other thread.
    Brings me back to the old days of 70's MX. :rock:
    My dad took all of these photos back in the day. These are just a few of the 1000's Last year he handed me a large box stuffed full of all of these 35mm slides from 10+ years of racing.

Attached Files:

2. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

70s muckin was fun

Attached Files:

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Late '70s...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Broome's head is exploding. How could these pictures be taken before motorcycles were invented? :D

5. RazzelldazelS

These were very primative bikes by todays standards no doubt.

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I would not say primitive...I think innovative would be a better description.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Photoshop

8. RazzelldazelS

Indeed they were very innovative. It seems as if we would get a new bike of the latest technology and before long it was outdone by something else. Things were very rapidly advancing in mid.to late 70's. It was a fun time to be racing MX.

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I grew up in the pits with my Dad racing Enduro in the 70's. I still ride a 2T and I run Benol just because it makes me nostalgic. This thread is gold!!! :up:

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

This is 1977 250A class at a local Wi. track where I was trying the HD out for the first time.

13. RazzelldazelS

That is very cool! I was trying to figure out what that was that you were on. It didn't look like any of the usual suspects. How was that HD to ride? Sure didn't see many of those.

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I really liked the HD as it suited me. It was big and heavy and took some muscle to put it where you wanted it. My race weight was around #220 and with it's motor I was consistently in the top3 on the starts. Several of the other top A riders in my district tried the HD and did not like it because you had to be so physical for it to work well. JMO

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So you are saying you are a finesse guy? :D

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I have a pair of those High Points in my garage right now. I actually wore them when I ran MX back int 2006-2008. People always loved em. lol

17. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

still have mine from the mid 70s

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Nope! ;) I was more of a "wick it open and hangon" type of guy.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sorry. I forgot to use the sarcasm font!:D
    A guy I ride with was around 220# when he raced and he rides with nothing but brute force and ignorance too. We are close to the same speed but when we ride he is either faster than me or laying in the dirt trying to get his breath back.:D

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I will say it this way...there were few that would go into a corner with me...you (and me) had no idea where I would go. :up: Mom always said I had a dead short between my brain and my wrist.