1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Gear - WERA / Donation / Charity / etc?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ides, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Ides

Ides Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I was curious if WERA has/had some sort of area / program or a relationship with a charity for old motorcycle gear.

I'm looking through the closet and some of the gear is too big, used (in good condition) or I simply do not wear them anymore.

I'm guessing liability might come up for donating used/worn gear at some point, but I'd much rather see decent gear being used than collecting dust (esp to beginners).

Any ideas?

2. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

You could donate them to the Red Flag Fund. We are having an auction August 20th. I have Alexa at Spyder Leatherworks look over any donated gear to determine if it is still good to use.

Check www.redflagfund.org for more information. If you decide to donate any gear please send directly to Alexa - http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/.

Thanks

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

RFF is a great place. Not to take away from it but maybe chat with the local MSF in your area. I'm sure they see a lot of new riders with gas prices rising.. people in financial need without the cash for any protective gear and are riding bikes more out of necessity than recreation.

Just an idea