1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, who is affected by GM strike and opinions....

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Oct 10, 2019.

1. RRRepsolRider

RRRepsolRider Well-Known Member

We pay dif amounts. Depends on when you started/seniority. Some only get part of insurance.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Use it or lose it.

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I wont buy Ford trucks since the two Ford trucks I owned both caught fire. Both had light switches that shorted out and started the dash on fire. 1 Ranger, 1 F150.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

For those of you watching from a distance, sounds like the strike is ending as soon as today. A provisional deal has been reached it appears.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Just watched someone's live facegore feed from Spring Hill TN. UAW local President called the cops on his own guys for protesting the contract when members came in to vote. Interesting.

6. RRRepsolRider

I’m here right now. Didn’t see anything. President has been in front of me for the last hour.

7. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Unions have destroyed jobs here in the states. No need for a union any more. Guys putting wheels on a car making 100k a year is stupid

8. vizsladog

And the truck wouldnt cast 50k if some dude with a high school education wasnt making 90k a year putting a dash in a car. Is fleecing of a company.

9. RRRepsolRider

I can guarantee you, no one putting wheels on any car for GM is making $90K per year. Not even close. Actually, less than half. Most of those are temps.

10. vizsladog

Ok, so 60k . Its absurd. bet you there are tons of people who would work there ass of for 16.00 an hour. Oh wait, thats why they build plants in mexico.

11. vizsladog

12. RRRepsolRider

Where did you come up with $60K? 60 is 2/3 of 90. They’re not making $60K or even $50K. More like 35-40K. And that’s only with 6 day work weeks during March thru Sept. and a lot of 12 hr days on top of that. There are a lot of people who work for GM who make $16.00 per hr and yes, they do work they’re asses off. They also deserve it too. But, if you don’t make enough to afford one, don’t worry about it. Plenty of folks out there that can.

13. RRRepsolRider

No idea why they pay her what she makes. It’s absurd. She is a child of a line worker. GM paid for her education. She ships cars to other countries because Mexico pays their ppl $1.90 an hour. As a business person, yes I would go the cheap route in terms of saving money but I myself, would not buy a vehicle that was built by someone who makes that much money because the quality of the car would be shit.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Those aren't trucks. :Poke:
    :D

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

jksoft likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Metalhead and Chris like this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Let me guess ur all about right to work also. :rolleyes:

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I sure do love my 2 Toyotas.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My daughter loves hers, meanwhile my wife's Impala has a electrical draw that will kill a battery over the weekend if you don't drive it and nobody can find it. GM quality.