1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, let’s just get to it. MotoAmerica’s app absolutely sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Barry Savoie, May 20, 2023.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Is it still fucked up? Were you all able to watch any of the races?

I was pissed it wasn’t on tv but for once I’m happy with MA that they’re putting the full superbike race on YouTube right away. I wish they would put the other races up but at least I can watch something without paying for it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Worked great all day Sunday.

3. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Depends what you consider great. They updated their auto play loop to show superbike race 2's podium so that's great if you like spoilers. I however don't so now don't even have the desire to watch the race.

Rising and Sudowoodo like this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I hate how they have every interview and other BS as a separate video so you have to dig through 30 of them to find the actual race.

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to watch the races live on Sat or Sun. Because of the auto play loop I knew the winners of both the Supersport and 2nd SB race before I watched them. I was even trying to avoid seeing the loop but it loaded to quickly. I wouldn't say it ruins watching the race but it certainly makes it less interesting.

Boom and Skter505 like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That is a very very basic app design that they have messed up and haven't fixed in years

Spooner likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, it was better to have this happen to you this weekend than with the Road Atlanta weekend.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hold your hands over your ears and go blah, blah, blah and no results should be listened to or read and then watch it uninterrupted next day on the U-toobz. Works if nothing else does.

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Very true. Although for the 2nd SBK race at ATL I would have been scratching my head until the the last lap trying to figure out how Gagne was going to pull it off.
    At least there was some good races for other spots in this weekend's SBK races.

10. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I usually do something similar, I mute the tv and start scrolling, but looping the podium and it being in the top half of the screen while you're scrolling didn't work out this weekend.

I've paid for the app every year since it was available but if this continues the rest of the season I'll just stick to YouTube next year. I can deal with a shitty app, but not spoilers.

ToofPic, Once a Wanker.. and noles19 like this.
  11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Ok, so from a technical perspective, watching live seems to be the issue. I can watch the replays with no issues, so it sounds like a choke point in how the live data is getting to the streaming server.

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I must be in the minority here, but the app and the website have both worked fine for me, both live and recorded. If I had one gripe it would be this though. If I do miss a race, it sucks having to wait so long for it to show up.

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

No shit. Scrolling up/down/left/right is hard work.

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

watched all the races live Saturday. only issue i had was during the jr cup race. The buffering was horrid, couldn't even watch much of that race. rest of the events went pretty smooth. Sunday night came home after a dirt bike enduro and watched each individually with ZERO issues. pretty typical when i watch each one on demand after they have ran live and are up on the ap. Watching on laptop or tv using wireless with either, same process with no issues OR with the same troubles.. overall, not too disappointed but i'm likely in the minority ....

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

For giggles, try to go watch Superbike race 1 from Barber in 2021…. Count how many button presses it takes and the amount of time to find it. The archive ability could be so simple with the right UI and so wrong with how they implemented it.

noles19 likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If they took the UI they already own, that we use to look up results from practice, qualifying and races, it would be much easier.

Monsterdood and noles19 like this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Highlights? You mean entire races for the premier class, right?

Both races from Alabama are on YT right now. I have no idea how they are justifying that when guys are paying $75+ for the paid service.

DJ Baker, Sudowoodo and matt2491 like this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Other than the Jr. Cup race on Saturday, the app was working fine for me this weekend. That issue looked like a bandwidth problem, so maybe they didn't but enough satellite throughput for the lesser class stream? Maybe folks tuned in early because of the time zone glitch in the schedule causing the overrun on the bandwidth at what was expected to be lower viewership?

Would better navigation and a spoiler free option improve things? Without a doubt! That said this is so much better than reading about the race results weeks after the race ended. I can hit the mute button and not look at the video while I find the race I want to watch. Still $70 well spent for me.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Probably because it’s barely on tv, not sure how many people have Mavtv but I pay a ton for Directv and I don’t get it.

What I want to know is if there is any other sport on Earth that requires a subscription to view. And meanwhile there’s cornhole, dog tricks, and axe throwing on ESPN.

DJ Baker and ToofPic like this.