1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale GP2 brake pads???

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Roger Baker, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Roger Baker

Roger Baker Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a source in the U.S.? Apparently this caliper is unique to this bike so maybe the demand is too low for the usual suppliers to stock them. Ordered a set but they have to come from Italy so it'll take forever. It seems ridiculous to me that Rise Moto (the U.S. importer) can't keep stuff like pads, oil filters, sprokets etc. in stock. Not like you'd need a warehouse for those tiny little parts.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Generally, I've had pretty good luck with getting stuff from Rise Moto....if it takes an unusually long time to get the pads, my guess would be that it's because I think
    Italy kinda takes the whole month of August off. Crazy Europeans.

3. Roger Baker

Roger Baker Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what they told me and that's why I wish they would at least keep some stuff like that here in the U.S. Brake pads, oil filters, sprockets etc. these bikes are surprisingly high maintenance. Mine has 14 hrs and already needs brake pads.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Carry more corner speed...brake less, gas more. (I'm just joking, of course).

Kart tracks are a lot more "work" on you and the machine...based on my experience, they're all corners...so it's turn, turn, turn and turn some more....which means you trail brake more too....so pads wear.

So, I hope you ordered a couple sets of pads so you have a stash of them in your garage at the ready when you need them as well. I probably need to make sure I have a set or two in my own stash of spares. I have 3...all GP0s, though.