Official 2014 GNF Updates & Results Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks Eric. McDonough and Cleland were on rails. I'm disappointed I let those get away. Overall though, great grids and the pace from everyone was fast. After struggles at the GNF last season, this year was a big step in the right direction.

It was great racing with everyone. Merck, Elstad, Kozik and a bunch of others, plus all the 1000 guys. Clean, hard racing. No sketchy stuff at an event like this, which is awesome. Bringing a knife to a 1000cc GNF gun fight is a tall order, I learned.

Thanks to Chris and Lora also for letting dad and I crash with them again this year. Made the event that much more fun. I wish Barber wasn't 12 hours away.

2. The Grom race was by far the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. I couldn't stop laughing the whole race.

I've got so much to learn about riding little bikes. I picked up 6 seconds from practice to the first race, but still didn't have a grasp of it.

I picked up more time in the 2nd race and it was a lot better. But I still did stuff that don't work on little bikes. Like I tried to pass people on the outside of T2, but I didn't think about the fact that everybody is full throttle. So all I did was just add more distance that I had to cover.

I was in 4th coming to the checker and accidentally hit my Kill switch. :crackup: A dude went by and I finished 5th. But it didn't matter, I laughed the whole time and got exactly what I wanted out of it.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Redline Photo took some awesome (and hilarious) photos of the Grom race. That was epic!

4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I'm tired

5. superduck996

superduck996 Well-Known Member

he wasn't too banged up, he'll have a few bumps and bruises but the ambulance just have him a ride back to the pits.

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Kathy and I had a great time pitting by our close friends Molly and Tuna. Thanks DJ for letting me ride your Grom!
    I was looking forward to having fun at my favorite track. The brain is good but the body couldn't do it. Evidently what worked at Tally doesn't at Barber. Since my off I have put on weight and need to loose 20 to get back to my Army weight. Too tight leathers will rob you of breath big time.
    Problem? Couldn't raise my head enough to see up the hills like coming out of T2. Plus my dislocated collar bone was acting up a bit. Felt good getting the knee down in the fast stuff but I could not put a clean lap together physically. So after 4 laps or so in the first race out of 5 that I signed up for, I pulled off. Tally requires no raising the head.
    Finally smart enough to do the right thing. There is always tomorrow.
    No regrets. Great being with my WERA family again!!!

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That is really impressive for his first time out. Nice work :up:

(...just when we were getting rid of Xman, now we have this to deal with...)

8. Me too,I'm not one for this manual labor shit.

9. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Great weekend, despite crashing in T-5 on my 2nd race of the day on Saturday. Chased Kirby a fair amount on Saturday before tucking the front in T2. Managed to save it, but only after I ate a hole through the elbow on my leathers.

Got back out on Sunday and put in some descent laps with Anne and Broome. Ran my fastest laps at Barber, and had a huge grin on my face all weekend.

Had fun seeing everyone, meeting some of you guys, and avoiding being stabbed by Robby's pitchforks. :)

Congrats to those who did well, and I'll see you all next year.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

very fun weekend.
    experienced new thngs.
    learned a few things.
    burned 20+ gallons of fuel riding.
    drank a few things.
    ate a few things.
    met a few peoples.
    laughed a whole bunch.
    and came home a few dollars & lbs lighter. :D

Gas well under $3/gallon sure made the 500 mile ride nicer.

11. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Wow, never dreamed anyone would make that association. .. that really means a lot. Thank you! Dante Witter actually ran a bit faster that Draik and it was only his second time on the sv... those boys are going to make each other faster.... thanks again to Russell and Mike for the tutelage (for both boys and dads)

12. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Russell and Mike are great dudes!!!

13. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

THIS!!!

Scott Nelson put together a team for the GNF which I was fortunate to be a part of and it was a blast!! I had never tried endurance because I thought after 20 minutes I would be struggling to finish because I'm not in the greatest of shape but I was able to run my hour long stint without any issues. Wound up taking 2nd in the LW class and 13th overall and I would do it again in a heart beat.

If anyone is thinking about running endurance go do it! It was great to put in so many laps and get a rhythm going, running an SV and only needing 1 set of tires for the entire race (thanks Stickboy :)) also helps keep the costs down. Hopefully the endurance events stick around for next season so I can try again.

14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

The times being run in C,B,A superstock ! Go to WSBK you freaks :D

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Someone ran a .32 in Formula 1 novice...lol :D

16. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i thought i had a fighting chance running 36s in C novice, but the two kids in front were running 33s..

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

nice way to say you ended up on the podium :D congrats :up:

i had hopes to come closer to sub- 40s in the LWTSS race, but after calling it a day on saturday i have goals for next year.

18. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

lol.. i thought it was on topic!? thanks man!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DQ or DNF? Also National or regional? I'm pretty sure I put the reasons on all the stuff on mylaps - a lot of Cleland in Sportsman was him not running the class during the regular season. I think Taylor pulled out of doing the teardown in CSS but he hadn't run it during the season either so it was a moot point. Same for Narbonne in some classes, he'd run at NOLA but not the 600 stuff. Wish he had, he deserved some championship results the way he was riding.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was up before medical got there. Last I heard was fine - it was Geoff from GP Tech who is on here a lot.