October surprise

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YZFBeliever, Sep 19, 2008.

?

Do you expect an October surprise?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2008.
  1. Yes Biden will get "sick" and pull out

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes Biden will say/do something stupid and pull out

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Not going to happen if he has a good debate performance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not going to happen no matter what.

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

I think Biden is probably going to not do well in the debate and either pull out do to "health issues" or he will consistently stick his foot in his mouth and withdraw as Veep saying he is hurting Obama

In will swoop HillBilly

Discuss

2. ssass

ssass Well-Known Member

He's debating PALIN remember ...

3. YZFBeliever

Yes I know that, I don't believe I said anything any different.

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

they'd look pretty pathetic if they pulled Biden off the ticket and put Hillary on just to have a woman on their side with obama. i guess anything's possible tho'...this is the most f@cked up presidential race ever.

i can't wait til november's come and gone. wake me up in january or february

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I'm having a hard time imagining Palin out-debating anyone at this point. But, she does have some time to prepare...we'll see. Biden is a smart guy, and despite his rep for saying the wrong thing I doubt that a debate is the environment where that would bite him.

Especially against Caribou Barbie.

:D

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

And if you're wrong? :p

7. cuba pete

cuba pete Banned

the "republiucans" were stupid enough to jump all over alaska paris. you will see the end of the "republican" party. good riddance.:tut::tut::tut:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh look. Mr. Personality is back.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You are so sure of yourself.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As he walks off saying, "Please let me be right, please let me be right, please let me be right......please???

:)

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Dems have a history of shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to picking candidates.

12. YZFBeliever

13. hrvat2

hrvat2 Well-Known Member

What makes any of you think Biden is a bad debater?
    What makes anyone think that Sara Palin is a good one?

He will rip her a new one in a debate, not because of keen and exceptional intellect but because he's got a breadth of experience to derive his talking point from and do so with authority. Correspondingly, she's not going to "lose" (a very subjective term) any debates due to her lack of intellect but rather the fact that global issues are not something she is well versed in. This is why they have to come up with stupid shit like "Russia is straight accross the sea" when discussing foreign affairs (there is nothing else).

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The key isn't how much you know but how much you can convey.

No different than in teaching. Some of the best teachers aren't necessarily the ones that rocked in college.

So the dabates could go either way because even though Biden has a lot of experience he really sucks at putting that knowledge out when put on the spot.

15. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Did you see the trainwreck that was Palin's interview? No wonder she is being shielded from the press. She conveyed only one thing: she is in no way prepared to be CIC if McCain can't continue.

Biden will demonstrate how to 'convey' his thoughts just fine. To say he sucks at putting his knowledge out when put on the spot only means you have never seen him speak. Getting him to shut up is the problem. You don't get to be the head of the Foreign Relations committee if you have difficulty expressing yourself.

He will dismantle Palin. For that reason, she has given only two interviews since her addition to the ticket. Just two! McCain has to limit the damage they can accept when she is faced with Joseph Biden.

I just hope he doesn't burst out in laughter on camera

16. YZFBeliever

:eek:

As I like to say when some drunken idiot is screaming and spitting at me how his football team will beat mine.

We'll see won't we. Reality is, you can think what you want, and I can think what I want. Time will tell.

But the spitting screaming guy, usually ends up looking the fool.

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

This thread and poll is stupid.

Out debated by Palin? This topic is best discussed over some choice weed and a keg of beer.

18. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

You got a time and place in mind? I'll show up just for the choice weed.

19. YZFBeliever

Who won the 1960 debate between Kennedy & Nixon?

Kennedy B/C Nixon didn't look good on TV

Who won the 1988 debate between Dukakis and Bush?

Bush because he dwarfed Dukakis

Who won the 2000 debat between Bush & Gore?

Bush because Gore kept sighing like a dying goose

What was said meant nothing, it was what was perceived. Again, maybe Biden will wipe the floor with Palin, but won't you look silly if he doesn't. And considering he seems to have come down with foot in mouth disease, it is a possibility.

I don't dance in the endzone when the outcome is still in doubt.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's just it, the guy never shuts up and puts his foot in his mouth.... then the message is lost.

It's as much knowing when to shut your mouth as it is anything else.

Being able to express yourself in committee to a bunch of colleagues is completely different from expressing yourself in an interview or in a debate. He's proven that on many occasions.

As for Palin, she may get smoked. Time will tell.