Obama Requests $1.1 Billion for (more) Gun Control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by used2Bfast, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My sarcasm detector is busted. :D

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I very foolishly thought that when Sarah Brady first started complaining about guns it would last a couple of years or so then the complaining would go away. Not only has that proven to be wrong, it has grown. As society has drifted toward a more a socially soft point of view it certainly appears that this anti-gun thing is never going to go away so we are in this battle for the long haul.

Brady did make one statement that hinted at the anti-gunner ideal when right after Clinton's "assault weapon" ban that most didn't pick up on. That was when she said after the ban was signed, "this is a good start."

I'm telling ya, this ain't gonna end well in the long run. If the population allows itself to be disarmed then we will have lost our ability to do anything to enforce our freedoms. I'm not sure if the people will ever let that happen. :(

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

4 3 2 1.... "They" will be along any sec to tell you "You ain't gonna do nothing"..."When the SWAT/DHS show up, yer gonna Come out with yer hands Up"...:up:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I think we've got more access to cooler stuff than we did during the whole Brady Bill era.

Clintons ban was just funny and a little annoying.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If he had had a gun, there would have been 25-30 dead easy.
    The kill would have been limited only by available targets.
    That is because guns were made to kill, but knives were, uh, well they were made to kill also.
    But you can cut up your kid's steak with them too, so knives are not killing implements.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Notice though that in spite of the continued advances of the number of us that are armed, and the new, improved, firepower that we have today, the Feinstines, Schumers, Obamas, Bradys, etc. have yet to give up on their fight to disarm us. They won't. That's what is so irritating. We have to continue to go through this fight forever because it most likely never be solved.

I guess it does give us something to do though. :)

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hell Britt, at my age I certainly won't be one of those "rise up to fight" people. I'll just grab a bag of popcorn, a beer, and watch from my front porch. :)

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's amusing how those anti-gun activists tend to adjust the information they use to justify their arguments. As they continue to do this they lose more and more credibility with their arguments. Both sides have gotten so far from honest discussion material that it's a lost cause now. The emotional battle has taken over and it leaves no room for logical facts to enter.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Of course they do.

"These gun nuts want to shoot your kids in their nurseries! Send us your money so we can fight for your kids' right to not be shot in their nurseries!"

"The gun grabbers want to take your guns and leave you helpless against the Mad Max band of thugs and mercenaries being groomed in Central American training camps! Send us your money so we can fight to deforest the Central American peninsula and save your children from indentured servitude to the drug lords"

There's *BIIIIG money in perpetual conflict.

12. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I get letters weekly and phone calls every few weeks from the NRA - and it's always an emergency - send us money to fight the gun-grabbing jack-booted thugs, yada yada. Although the NRA is one of the few orgs that has the resources to fight the court battles to overturn poor policy, it does get tiresome hearing constantly that the sky is falling....,

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

But it sells alot of guns.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And feeds a lot of lawyers.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I SERIOUSLY wish the NRA would give Obama some kind of award. Obama has put more guns and ammo in American hands than ANY president, 10x over. I would keel over laughing so hard. They should really turn the tables on the whole argument. Let's acknowledge that all his attempts at "gun control" have only made the "issues" a thousand times worse.

16. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Civil Disobedience Rampant in New York

There's hope...
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/no_author/civil-disobedience-rampant-in-new-york/

17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'd say hysteria and NRA half truths are the award winner in that respect. The current president has consistently been given an F on gun control measures by pro-gun control groups. We have nobody but ourselves to blame for the current state of shell prices and availability. Who is laughing all the way to the bank are the ammo and gun manufactures. Obama pulls an F on gun control from the gun control groups.

Sure, left wing nutbags and states will always want to do some stupid shit concerning controls that any sane person knows that 1. Violates the 2nd amendment 2. Won't work.

Before the hord goes there, yes, I am a registered democrat, I'm a moderate, not a progressive nutbag, and I grew up in a hillbilly household in the sticks of WV, we had literally rooms, that's rooms... of guns.

Sure, I have just a lot fewer now, for that I blame myself, WERA and a two wheel racing addiction that spanned over two decades.

Is Obama an ineffective president and a disappointment? Of course he is... If I could reset the "Way Back Machine" and go back to the last two presidential elections I still wouldn't vote for the old fucker who has never seen a war he didn't like and for that dick Mitts. Obama, a get the guns wacko, yea right...

18. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Old f-r.. old f-r.. Ron Paul? He was only viable choice. But the "machine"(mostly made up of media) won't let that happen. Ever. Hes not in the script. The other old f-r(McCain the war monger) and Mitt were diff on that script tho(meaning they'll work with the real PTB. as Hillary will too)..just in case. They always have the playing board covered.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

All Liberals think they are moderate :Poke:

The rush to buy ammo has helped to create shortages but so has a number of large government orders at a time when the Iraq/Afganistan wars were winding down and there should have been surpluses.

Oh and get your history correct the first Obama opponent was John McCain not George Bush. You are confusing his opponent with who he blames for all his screwups :crackup:

20. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Bronco 'Bama should get a bonus from the NRA and the manufacturers

Cause sales are going through the roof!
    He could call it the "the Constitution is on fire' Sale!

Pre-Obama was 3Millions guns/year- now it's over 8Million.

[​IMG]