No Miller Thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 27, 2015.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm somewhat amazed how good Tooele has developed and grown from just ten years ago. It was somewhat of a cow town but really has experienced some decent growth. I wonder if the track had any impact on this. One would think that the Miller family would want to continue to honor Larry's dream but I guess not spending any more of his money that they now have is more important to them.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like Cam took a cue from Josh at last round and jumped out of his leathers ASAP.

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Turnout seems to be a bit better today which is surprising for Sunday in Utah.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pretty confident is saying no one's gonna touch Beach unless he crashes himself out.

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Pretty good racin behind him at least.

6. caferace

caferace No.

That's gotta suck for Herrin. Mechanical on the penultimate lap while running in second. Ugh.

-jim

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Im OK with it. Glad to see Fong in P2. :D

8. Glad to see Beach coming into full form this year, probably my favorite guy in the paddock right now. He's got Zemke esque personality, always smiling.

9. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Crap. Fanschoice.tv can't stream the Superbike race. Bummer! Was nice to watch the other races live.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You haven't been paying attention to all the previous MotoAmerica threads huh?

11. Putter

12. Putter

Porkchop!

13. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Ortt in KTM race two! Weeeeoooo CANADA!:moon: :D

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

What about Roadracingworld.com wild card Brandon Paasch, never even sat on a KTM RC390 before he showed up Thursday. Fast learner with an awesome late-race charge!

15. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Nope! This is the first weekend I have been around to watch it live. Was checking Roadracingworld.com and watching recordings the previous rounds.

16. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

The weather was a big aspect of the turnout. Looking at historical temps this weekend was 20 degrees hotter than any previous major motorcycle event.

100 degree days in June are not common and will keep the casual fan at home. Tooele is already out there to the locals, nobody is going out there when its 100 degrees in the shade. There were die hard MC fanatics who had tickets that scrubbed coming out on Sunday to go float the river instead.

I spoke with 100's of people at my booth, some new, some long term fans. The biggest gripe was lack of refreshments. Miller could have pulled more profit from bottled water stands every 100 feet than the gate. I had people offering me $5 for a bottle of dasani out of my cooler.

Overall impressions: It was a great event. The racing was good, the paddock was good and the fans that came out enjoyed the racing. Its the usual complaints that we are used to hearing out there that Miller has a tough time making the fan experience something that they will continue to come back for. I'm not saying anything negative about the Miller Staff or the job they do... just relaying what we hear from fans who choose to stay home and watch the replay rather than come out to see the events live.

Thank you MotoAmerica for making this all happen, we need to continue to support these guys and it kills me when I see a poorly attended event.

Thanks JU and Chris (and crew) for this weekend also. :beer:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sorry, but your weather info of "20 degrees hotter than any previous major motorcycle event" is factually inaccurate. You may have heard from people that said they specifically didn't go out there due to temps, but I heard from others that agreed the weather had zero impact.
    These weren't record setting temps, and yes there were temps in the upper 90s for AMA and WSBK in the past. And major motorcycle events would include AMA Pro Motocross in August. Yeah, not 20 degrees cooler.

I do agree on the more water bit. That's why we drive in the duck head and/or attitudes area and bring a couple coolers full of drinks.

18. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

the normal temps for Tooele in June are 81.4 and for July its 89 for an 30 year average

19. TrackStar

Max temp on the almanac (sundays)
    Superbike Shootout 78.1
    WSBK 2013 86
    WSBK 2012 63
    WSBK 2011 64
    WSBK 2010 73.9
    WSBK 2009 84
    AMA 2008 82

AMA 2007 was 97 degrees. I'll give that one up.
    So average temp at a major Road course MC event is about 78 degrees.

I didnt factor in AMA MX because I hope it 200 degrees for that event every year and the MX track goes away.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  20. TrackStar

I dont know how to respond to that.