NJ Motorsport Park OPENING DAY

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by RubberChicken, Jul 8, 2008.

1. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Don't get fooled by the cute one!

Sounds as if a cute blonde that works there had him believing they were friends (more like Dennis was dreaming that was the case). Then, the heat and emotions got the best of Dennis and he openly shared his dislike on how NJMP was operating or not operating efficiently. Something about not being able to get a receipt for the electricity, Dennis posted up on the TPM Board. You can check out his response there.

2. anupe

Be there Sat & Sun!

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Too slow to hang with you. I ride in the red group and only running in the 1:20s my 1st day there (7/16). Hope to get down in the mid to low teens this weekend.

I'll be on my Corona themed GSXR-600. Stop over and say hello!

Allen

Attached Files:

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey dude were you there last Wednesday?

I could swear I saw that bike, if yes, that is one bitching paint job from where I was standing. Look for the MWT Racing trailer and RV. We'll be set up on the grass is my guess.

4. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

I agree also, but 7 pages of jackassery? I also do not see any racers with WERA or CCS complaining for weeks to the organizers with pages and pages of, "I can't belive I have to put a rubber pad inder my kickstand and can't smoke wah wah wah"

To all the people who post positive sensible post's, yourself included, right on!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, that might change when they hold a race there, I read somewhere wera racers like to shoot off fireworks afterwards? :D :Poke:

6. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

:up: Have a great season man!

7. anupe

Dat was me!

Yup, I was there last Wednesday! I'll be somewhere in the grass as well. I'll be sure to look for yah!

8. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

I'll be there sunday. Slow red group rider here.

9. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

No prob Monte

Thanks Monte for the reply, and for understanding how I had to state some facts about our club we all know how confused everyone can get on a public forum...!

Roy

10. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

If all you track day clubs and representatives are posting up for NJMP please make sure you setup, rent or some how get air fence next to that bridge. I rode with TPM and they did a great job with 4 air fences along the tire wall…but came up shy about 8 feet on the inside of the tire wall. Last session of the day I got up to a very fast pace with an open track, and coming through that section, I could easily push the front going under the bridge in 5th wide open on a GSXR-600. Just looking out for some of the people who can make it to the tire wall over 100mph if they slide out in that section. Summit point gravel would be good in that spot as well.

Thanks,
    Ryan :beer:

And a SC3 (yellow Pirelli) rear will allow you a full day of riding with minimal shredding. Grip was not an issue (85*F, mostly sunny, track temp 130*F)

Oh and gear it for Summit Pt (fast but not long)

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Agreed on the airbags on the outside of turn 6, if at all possible I'd recommend it as well. BUT....:D.....in all reality it isnt that bad. I mean if someone is unlucky enough to get a tire blow out OR too ballsy on an outside pass then yea they can have some serious probs. But I think as long as 99% of the ppl take that kink real tight, even at full tilt it shouldnt ever be a problem......now with that said I STILL would of liked to have seen that bridge about 40' wider just to be on the safe side.

You going to Thunder next week?

12. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

watch the outside of the crest before the bridge. its slippery, almost went for a high side.

ran a endurance rear and had better grip than the soft. wore better too. PR5/prc

13. YZROOSTINYA

sand slippery not sealer

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

15. YZROOSTINYA

yes but mine wasn't that bad. only knocked my feet off the pegs. Hope he had a jock strap on.

16. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

I can't get these tracks straight. Thunder is the new one and lightning is the open track currently?

Who is running Thunder next week? Trying to hit every weekend date I possibly can.

17. YZROOSTINYA

lightning is the new one. Thunderbolt is finished soon I think. Thnderbolt is 2.5 miles I think. Lightning is 1.9

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Lightning has been open for about a month or so.

According to one of the security guys I spoke to this past weekend, Thunderbolt will be completed by the end of this week. I dont know if anyone's scheduled to be on it before the 4th (monday) tho, TPM's first outting on this newest track.

Lightning = 10 turns / 1.9 miles
    Thunder = 14 turns / 2.25 miles

19. redneckrider

redneckrider Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for helpin me out on Friday. Shoulda been there saturday too, it was a good day.

I will be at Thunderbolt on Sept 8 with TPM. I am sure i will talk to you before then.

Lightning was a great track once i got the feel for it. Friday morning i was not happy with the way the track flowed at all. i could have packed up and went home after the first session and not been upset about it. Just didnt seem to flow right. After half a day i was finally getting up to a decent pace but i was shredding the crap out of my rear 211gp. The right side was bald by the end of the day. This was mostly due to cold tear, as i figured that they would have electric hookups everywhere so i didnt bring my generator. They did have electric but it was $35 to open a box, which i didnt want to spend to run just a set of warmers.
    Saturday i came back on Pirellis (Thanks Ryan for hookin me up) and instantly went faster then i had the previous day. A guy pitted next to me and I pitched in to get some electric so i could run warmers. The track people were pretty cool about that. Pretty much as long as someone pays to get the box opened, they dont care who uses it. The rear pirelli wore perfect all day. Some idiot blew a motor after the second session on White group and spewed a 2 foot wide band of oil from the left hander after the bridge, all the way halfway through the bowl, right on the race line. NJMP officials took a while to clean it up, 1 hr 45 min, but in their defense, it was a lot of oil and they did a spankin good job. Went out the very next session after it was cleaned up and could ride right over the oil cleanup without issues. Great job NJMP.
    The fastest time i heard all weekend was in the low 1:10's, which is cookin pretty good. I got down to 1:13's with a rabbit to follow but ran pretty consistent 1:14's with open track. It is a good track, very fast, and as smooth as a baby's ass.

20. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

During the weekend, one of the TPM riders (Antal) clocked a 1:08.11 on the Lightning.