New Zealand 3 Rd Suzuki series

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Nov 25, 2015.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers for both posts dude. I am just a full on addicted Junky man, I love racing big time still, and also know when it matters and the time is write, I will be fast

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Rd 2 this weekend live broad cast on www.ctas.co.nz. New Zealand the 13th at approx NZ Time 9 am broad casting will start. I am as happy as a pig in shit again lol. Weather is looking quite changeable, so I have scored myself a set of Avon 3D Ultra tires which have a high content of Silica in them, and I will hand groove some more tread patterns into them, and test them tomorrow when there will deff be an amount of water on the track due to the current rain situation. I love racing in the rain, it sorts the men from the boys real quick, and is so much fun with all the sliding that goes on, if you are trying hard enough.

3. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

+1 on what Broome said Shaun! Nice write up and loving hearing the enthusiasm! Gets me pumped up reading it. Looking forward to the write up from this weekend. Go get it man! Good luck!

iomTT likes this.
  4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers Dude. It is now looking like I will be doing wild card races in the BSB next year also on a 2016 ZX10! Confirmed sponsor ( Who will be my vrew chief, and is a bloody good mate also) for one last night in the UK. The plan is to race it as much as prior to the TT, to make if feel like my baby in advance. Dam I am such a lucky man to be alive still, with the passion I have for our game still/

L8RSK8R, DaveB and MikeR like this.
  5. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

That's awesome to hear man! Keep it up!

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Shaun you are a fucking nutter for sure, but I love reading this shit.

Get after it bro!

iomTT and caferace like this.
  7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I've been dead dude, life is way to short to run away from

L8RSK8R likes this.
  8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Brembo master, Brembo brake fluid,Yoshimura pads on the K6/7 GSXR 600 seriously rock. I had forgotten just how good the Yoshi pads are. Today was practice day, and I had a ball again. Ended up fitting a good used 200 in the rear, and it was brilliant. Missed the last practice session due to a Fuel filter blockage, another thing this dick head had forgotten to check. I have never checked one before, but ion the past I always had brand new bikes for one season of use only, this baby is 10 years old now, and still going very very well. Will fill ya all in on Monday or some time, once I have sobered up from a drink or 2 after tomorrow. I am starting to feel the old confident Shaun coming back, and are loving it.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Suzuki series rd 2 report.
    Rd 2 did not go to plan at all. After my excitement of getting a Brembo Master cyclinder and Yoshimura brake pads prior to round 2, I was rather fired up for this one. I believed I could race for a top 7 position at this round, and the way testing went on Saturday, I went to bed saturday night quite confident I would achieve this goal. Slaon Frost gave me 2 used but good condition SC0 200 Slicks, which worked awsome on the 5.5" rim. As we only get one practice/qualify session for this racing, I was in instant trouble the minute I went out of pit lane with the bike miss behaving on the throttle big time, it just would not rev at all! Yet shift to a taller gear and it cleared itself and went ok, so I was instantly back into the pits to strip the bike down to find out what was causing the issue. Working on your own makes situations like this a bit tougher, as we are all leathered up etc, and the mind is in gear to ride bikes, not work on them. Any way, after stripping out the petrol pump, I discovered the filter was blocked like some one had put cement in the petrol ( NO ONE HAD) I did not have a spare pump with me, so I just cut the filter off, checked the tank to make sure it was very clean and reinstalled the petrol pump, rebuild bike, and was allowed out behind another class to test the bike ( Sitting in the pits, the bike would rev write out) The trouble still was there, so now I/we are assuming that the pump is not giving out the correct pressure, so I was buggered, as there was no one there with a spare K6/7 GSXR 600 petrol pump- " I thought" so I informed the organisers I would not be racing and went around saying bye to some friends, and then discovered Andrew Stroud had a track day K6/7 GSXR 600 in his trailer, so I STOLE the petrol tank off that bike, fitted it to mine, and got permission to do 2 sighting laps behind the SBK class to test it, to make sure this was the problem before the next round at Wanganui. All was exellent, and the officials said I could start the last race of the day for the F2 600 class from the back of the grid, COOL! 25 in the race, and I got up to 14th place with 5 just in front of me, when that race was red flagged whilst I was in 14th place. Re start of that race I gridded up in 14th place out of 22 this time, but only gained 1 place to 13th before the race was red flagged and finished again. Why not happy, well I expected to do better than that, but with all the machine drama and panick to repair it, I kinda lost a bit of my mojo I guess, and did not ride as good as I could have ( Sorry for that supporters)- I slipped into having fun mode, rather than serious mode. Not getting to do the qualify session nor the first race did not help either, as I was a bit behind on bike set up also, so with lack of Mojo and the bike not handling the best, I believe I was riding about 2 seconds off where I really should have been, which would have had me fighting in the top 7, which was the goal for this round. O well, another race meeting completed, more miles done, and my confidence is growing again. Wanganui Cemetary track next on the 26th, and I will be giving it my best effort folks. Thanks to Millars Car Centre Millars- Paul Jones-Simon Robinson- Jayden Scott Scott structual ch-ch Bell Helmets- Pirelli tires- Sloan M Frost.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey at least you got to do one race. You know how racing goes, some weekends are alot better than others. At least you're back at it. :beer:

iomTT likes this.
  11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yea, I was very happy to get too race, just not happy with the attitude I took to the start line.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shaun I'm pulling for ya. Keep plugging. You'll be ok.

iomTT likes this.
  13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yea man, Rome was not built in a day

14. joec

joec brace yourself

I think it's safe to say we have all been there! Happens. Sort out the issue and be ready next time. Prep! prep! prep!

iomTT likes this.
  15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like an ok weekend. I'm sure the mechanical issues were frustrating but sounds like you're making progress!

iomTT likes this.
  16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Getting there buddy

17. Good Job! At least you got some racing in.

iomTT likes this.
  18. Nice work Shaun. Keep doing what you are doing, things will fall in line for you soon. You are there and fired up about racing and making it happen...that is what matters. As long as you keep that fire, everything else will take care of itself. Nice work mate.

iomTT likes this.
  19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Well done. Nothing worse than chasing gremlins...

iomTT likes this.
  20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Haha, Gremlin or " THE GREM" is a nick name I have here at the race tracks