1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Zealand 3 Rd Suzuki series

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Nov 25, 2015.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This series starts on the 6th of December AM Time - New Zealand day and time obviously. It can be viewed on the internet @ www.ctas.co.nz. You will find it if you want to watch some live racing. I will be racing my K7 GSXR 600. Not the best bike out there, but not a bad little runner. I will add a photo of it to this thread once all is bolted back together again in a few days from now. Brarrrrrrrrp, woo hoo, finally let the serious skids begin again haha. Fek, I am gunna be slow, but will deffinately have fun racing for a change again.

2. For all the shit you take on here, I really do hope you go well. Have fun man. Be safe.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers Dude. Not my fault a bunch of wankers hang out on here lol

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Had a great day yesterday building one race bike from 3 other bikes. All new bearings in every single chassis part that uses them, and chassis package is immaculate. I had it sand blasted to have it re covered to make it look immaculate, but ran out of money to have it finished, so it is just sand blasted back to original material, which I have now clear coat sprayed with a couple of cans to be able to keep it clean and tidy. I will get a pic up of it in a day or 2. Had my friend a sign writer come around to measure up space for a sponsors name. Have had shock serviced, new oil and gas charge, ( It has to much rebound in the internal set up of it, but time and money did not allow for it to be rebuilt modified) and also had the forks fitted with new seals etc. Now just hoping the DYNO man can fit me in late next week, the day before real racing here starts. Haha, I do not want to have to try to hard to get a reasonable result.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The brushed aluminum always looks better than any paint imo.

iomTT and Banditracer like this.
  6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I really like it as it is actually. I just tried to up load a photo, but it is to big for here LOL. I am a moron with these modern things, and have no idea how to down size it to up load it.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Best quick photo I could manage lol. She is not the best, but I have built the best bike I can afford. so not it is just a matter of learning how to ride a bike haha. Could not afford the Brembo's or a quality full race pipe though, my race pipe is a combop of bits, Arrow headers and a leo vince link muffler. I clear coated the sand blasted chassis to be able to keep her clean, all bike is painted with spray cans by me.

Attached Files:

8. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Cheers on the choice of bike and paint! My 07 gsxr 600 race bike is spray canned by myself also! Good luck and safe race sheep shagger :D

iomTT likes this.
  9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers Dude. Will save the sheep till after the race, I may need the energy lol

JTRC51 and MikeR like this.
  10. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Good idea lol!

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I have stolen lambs out of paddocks and slaughtered them, and cooked them up on a BBQ to survive when racing here years ago

12. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Your definition of "slaughtering lambs" may be different then ours over here but the rest sounds good! ;)

iomTT likes this.
  13. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

So the series is at Hampton Downs this weekend Shaun? Practice Saturday, racing Sunday? Might have to roll on down for a look. Oh, by the way, go carefully , there was a LOT of oil dropped on the entry and through turn 6 last Sunday when the cars were there .

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    iomTT likes this.
  14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Correct mate. Haha noticed your post on here a few days ago, be good to meet you " Unless we already know each other" And all is Live on www.ctas.co.nz for the world to watch. There will be an ex world champion in the side car racing also.

There is a twi light practice session tonight for 3 hours, but I cannot afford the entry fee, nor the tires. I will be practicing all day Saturday on well used tires, then fitting another set of used tires that a friend has given me, even though they are 2013 used tyres, I have no other choice at this stage. I am going to have a bunch of ? mark's and $ logo's made to go onto the spare space all over the body work, to see if I can encourage some one to help me with some funds to be able to afford some new tires. $500-00 NZ$ gets me a new set.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Slaughter mmmmmmm. Cut the throat to bleed them out, then gut them, and cut them up into eatable pieces of meat. Nothing drastic or brutal lol

16. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Not what I meant lol! I'm very familiar with slaughtering as well as hunting and cleaning/butchering my own meat. I don't mind drastic or brutal haha I was referring to what else you do with your lambs/sheep.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

rrrrrr, well those ones just get sent to Australia for them too eat, once we are SPENT in them

MikeR likes this.
  18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

. It was Tommey Bridewells bike from when it raced in the Vivaldi BSB Team in 2006, managed by Norris Farrow, another Kiwi

Ohlin;s gas forks came from Jkraft- cheers Joe

19. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Shaun should move that voltage regulator somwhere where it is going to be exposed to cooler air before set itself on fire! It is common problem on those bikes,you may want to get yourself a spare one.
    Nice bike, good luck!

iomTT likes this.
  20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

It is getting moved to the rear of the bike over the weekend, cheers though. And I have a spare one also. The foot rest kits are one's that I made here using a water cutter, all up they cost me $125-00 NZ $ including the pegs