New Walking Dead in T minus sixty minutes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

13 minutes.....stoked

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ok, he walks out and no one puts 50 bullets in him? Geez that is beyond stupid. Hell why not just start monologuing...

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Right? 1 freakin snipe shot and it's over....jeezus!

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well....no need to watch the rest of the season....

Ian178 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was ready to give up on this. Should I even bother watching this one?

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

SERIOUSLY!!! You've got all the leaders, sharp shooters in the group and an ex cop who cant hit the guy? Geebus......

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I still like the show but that really bugged me too. It was even easier than the 50 yd shot they should have taken on the Gov back at the prison. Also, why didn't they get the zombies to go inside the building? Cover yourself in their blood, walk through them, open door, walk away.
    Best part was the talking dead when Maggie sat on the front row in that hot little dress...those legs. :Putter: :bow:

8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I know it's a show and they gotta drag it on as long as they can but, Rick finally got the upper hand and played target practice with a bunch of windows? I know for TV just capping Negan is boring and I gotta believe that if this was real that would also feel unsatisfying to Rick so that's the only shred of reason I can even grasp at for why as soon as he walked out before a word was said Negan doesn't gets popped. One thing though is that if you use that tactic you better hit him because all the other plans you had to negotiate for less bloodshed would be thrown out the window. I think Negan knows the Rick probably called dibs on him so that's the only person he has to worry about but a smart move by Rick would have been to take your best sharp shooter and have them line him up. Then while Rick is talking have them cap him. Rick won't get the kill but results would be results.

Oh and Gabriel is an idiot

Why am I even wasting my time on this topic. I gotta get to work. BUT I would punch Kirkman in the nose if I could for wasting my time

9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Geesh! How long has Maggie been preggers? And she's not even showing yet? Come on. And why didn't Rick or his gang shoot Negan when they had the chance? And I only saw Rick's gang shoot two guys on the roof of Negan's compound, although they took out a lot of his scouts. You tellin' me that Negan only had two guys on lookout on the roof? And Rick's gang just shot out the windows of Negan's compound?

I think that all of Negan's crew already left, long before Rick got there, and headed to the Hilltop and Alexandria to wreak havoc on those settlements. I know that Rick is the good guy here, but I'm really rooting for Negan to ultimately win. If Rick's guys do end up winning the whole thing, it's going to be soooooo predictable. Yes, they'll lose some key characters along the way, but in the end, Rick will prevail. This season will be a long battle between the two groups. There will be ups and downs for both sides, but in the end, Rick will win. Yawn.

I want them to make this series exciting again, like it was when Negan took Lucille to Glen and Abraham...and Rick was 5hitting his shorts!

Am I way off on my predictions?

10. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

“I hope you got your shitting pants on.”

Great line, the rest was pretty meh. Even outside the rediculous not shooting Neegan about the face and body-if you were Neegan, would you make the dumbest decision ever and go out on that deck so that you could be shot? I think not. In nature, the old bucks get old by being smart..

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think I might finally be over this show.

Didn't even watch the premiere, and I just don't think I'm missing out anymore.

V5 Racer likes this.
  12. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I didn’t understand needlessly wasting 500+ rds as well as precious time just busting glass. Stupid.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I know it was the point, but I spent that entire episode confused as F over what I was actually watching. Nothing made sense. The "firefight/standoff" has already been covered.

If you take out all their guards, and you know where they're located, and you bother putting together armored vehicles to protect you in a firefight. Why do you take 3 of your absolute best fighters, and send them on a zombie-cattle drive? What's to be gained? The risk is certainly high - you might lose one of them, you might lose the zombie-cattle, you might get caught, etc.

You go and blow shit up to get the zombies moving the right direction, but none of Negan's people hear it or see the smoke along the way? They saw the smoke and heard the explosion from the cars. I'm at a loss.

Also, where are the trash people?

Where the F did Twizzlers come from?

Why the hell did Gabriel get out of the car? He couldn't roll down the window and yell "Hey, dipshit! Get in the car!"?

Also, they had Jesus and Father Gabriel in the same spot... How could they not... I mean, why didn't they... C,mon... its too perfect not to do something.

Lastly, the Tiger. You brought the tiger out to the field. You had him in the back of the pickup with armor on it. Where the F did it go? We didn't need a plot device saying, "oh, you still have a Tiger" if you're not going to use it!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    sharkattack likes this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm going to binge watch after 5 episodes, so I won't be checking this thread to often.
    Is the 2 hr past seasons review worth watching ?

15. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan, however, I did not like that episode. What were the writers thinking? Have him yell out a window or something. Just a stupid episode.

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It was basically a Michael Bay episode - explosions, plot holes you can drive a Negan-loving re-programmed Optimus Prime through, and no continuity in the story. Next episode will be JJ Abrams - there'll be lots of spinning camera tricks, lense flare everywhere, and maybe a statement about how climate change played a role.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Or. . . . was the entire episode a dream sequence of what Rick thought would happen. Why did it end the way it started. Still, if it was a dream sequence that was stupid as well.

18. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Within 30 yards and nobody wastes the guy, that's just bad story telling. It really is a soap opera for men. I'm done.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

First episode did suck. To bail or not to bail?

20. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Everyone that is thinking of bailing after the 1st ep. I thought I heard on either the rehash talking dead show back in September or the last talking dead that the 1st ep sets up the next 3 eps that are break neck action. Those fast pace eps setup the show for the next chapter. Whatever that means. I'll be hanging on to see how that goes. I'm guessing Rick wins but it better be a good journey to get there.