1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New process help.

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by JBowen33, Jun 25, 2018.

1. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

So with a few years worth of track days under my belt and finally being able to financially afford it as well, I want to give racing a try. I am planning on attending the September Road Atlanta weekend as it’s the only weekend close enough to me at this point of the year with the race school. That being said it’s 1600 miles round trip for me so I want to make sure I have everything completed that I need to before I go. That being said what is the process as far as paperwork, registration etc?

Thanks

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Wera.com has everything you need clearly laid out in an easy to follow process. You’ll need to apply for an AMA membership if you don’t already belong. It really is very easy to complete all of the paperwork once you start working through the steps that are laid out for you. Start there and then come back if you have any specific questions if you don’t understand something.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Every event on the SE regional schedule has a race school from Barber through RA?

Where are you coming from? Maybe one of those weekends would be more convenient.

Just making sure you were aware there were other race school weekends on the calendar.

Good luck!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is easy but confusing. You can handle the membership and AMA part ahead of time if you like or just do all the paperwork at the track. No need to pre enter the school.

JBowen33 likes this.
  5. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Thank you. Honestly I’m a moron ( I can admit) when it comes to stuff like this and I did look at the site. Knowing me it’s so simple it confused me. I just don’t want to drive 800 miles towing one way just to get there and ether/or didn’t do or fill out whatever or get there, not be registered and not have a spot to ride.

So if I have this right...
    1. Register with AMA
    2. Then register with WERA filling out the new rider forms.
    Then for 3?

Again sorry if this is spelled out somewhere.

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

My first weekend I just did all the paperwork there. Lots of helpful people to get things figured out. No big deal!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - do the AMA membership.
    2 - You can do the membership or wait - your choice and makes no difference to us
    3 - profit!
    4 - easiest thing to do is handle entry forms and all at the track with the registrars there to help out for the first one.