1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New F2 - Need to spend money

Discussion in 'General' started by stickman, Sep 2, 2002.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Yes, I picked up my new '93 F2 today. I'm a happy guy :D. But now the fun starts and I have so many questions. But I'll start slow:

1. Brake lines and pads. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get these things?

2. No owners manual, but I already ordered the shop manual. But, what kind of gas am I putting in here. I imagine premium, but I want to ask because my cruiser gets regular. And how many gallons does that tank hold?

3. Body work. Sharkskinz seems like a good bet, but what do I need to order and does it simply install in place of the stock bodywork?

4. Stands. Again, what do I need and where do I get them.

That's all for now. And please don't laugh at the stupid questions. :eek: :confused:

2. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

EBC HH Kit pads and Fastline Steel Braided lines from Marietta ( www.1888FASTLAP ) will do the trick, plus they're reasonably cheap.

Premium gas only.

Pit Bull stands. ( I have had an LP USA stand and it sucked )

-quikie

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

4. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Re: Re: New F2 - Need to spend money

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Having had an F2

Don't forget the steering damper!

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

just a note on the fastlines. i may be the odd man out here but the lines i bought don't even come close to fitting my bike right, AND more of a problem was the fact that the banjo bolts supplied were the wrong size and while putting the first one in the caliper it snapped off. trying to back the brokrn banjo out resulted in snapping the side off the caliper. :mad: after a lot of grief and a new caliper they are on there, they are to long to fit right but they work. i simply wouldn't buy them again though, kent.

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I have a FOX rear shock with spring and I think you need it.