1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new classifieds successful?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodmatt78, Feb 5, 2012.

1. canalroadracing

canalroadracing Well-Known Member

I had to pay twice to list a set of tires.
    I posted them, paid, got confirmation from paypal, checked back and it said awaiting payment. I waited several days, and finally just paid again. It's only
    $.99 but I still had to pay twice. Other than that. I've had good results with parts, and my old race bike.

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Tried listing a set of leathers while back, listing never went through, never got around to trying again. Going back to the top after hitting the back button is a bit annoying.

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I think part of the lower amount of traffic may be attributed to it being a separate site now. With the old system, I used to browse the forum, reading all the funny bs and what not, then I'd back out and something would catch my eye in the "for sale" section, so I would window shop there for awhile which occasionally ended up with me buying something, whether I needed it right then or not. Now that there are 2 different sites, and I'm not necessarily looking for anything at the moment, I forget about the other site and don't really browse as much... at least not until I need something.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that happens just email me and I'll post the ad manually. If you pay twice I'll refund a payment. I just need what the ad is for and your username (for payments the email address you use for paypal too if it's not what you're emailing me from).

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was hoping linking the new site to the old forum titles would help that but yeah, it does take more effort to browse through than the old way. Facebook and twitter are both linked to the new site if you use them. weraclassifieds on both sites.

6. tittys04

yeah, I knew that was the intention with linking them, and I think generally that is a good idea. I guess what I'm saying though is that you can't see any type of preview of what has last been posted on. that was bait for me in the past... it would get me to enter the for sale section, and then I would end up browsing for awhile. I don't think you can really do much to "fix" that, and generally I like the new site, but that's the only real difference for me. I don't browse on it as much because I kind of forget about it.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe once the season gets rolling and we've got the new site up and running (the main wera.com site is getting a facelift sometime soon) we can see about doing that.

8. tittys04

I guess I didn't really think that would be something you would want to do, but yeah, if you can have something similar to the way the old system baited you in, that would be a great little feature to help get some more traffic.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure if it can be done or not but we'll look at it. Maybe tie one of the other feeds into here. I know we can on the main site but not sure about the BBS.

10. tittys04

cool :up:

11. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

can we link Wera classifieds in our sig line?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If that doesn't become a whole billboard, go ahead.

13. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

I have been mourning the death of the Wera classifieds. You used to be able to find all kinds of parts.... not anymore....glad its paying the electric bill though.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The new site definately weeds out the bullshaters and tirekickers. Less traffic, but the buyers are serious.

15. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

I've been looking for bikes and I like the set up of the classifieds. Not as exciting as watching them roll through the "new posts", but seems to work well.

One thing - if the seller doesn't put up his contact information, seems like all you can do is post and wait, or PM the seller on this board. I'm going through that now.

16. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a mandatory "Location" field that would show up in searches, especially on bikes. But besides that, thumbs up.

17. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

First.... I'm not bitching.

I have no problem paying for the classifieds. I dont blame you for doing it. It's all good.

I have used it, and the conversion rate is very low. Now I dont use it, not because of cost but because of the conversion rate. I will pay $10 for an ad that converts to a sale... it has nothing to do with cost.

I have said it before and will again. Your making nothing off me with the new classifieds. I will pay you $50 a month for a vendor forum. Thats what I pay on the other forums I vend on and we do a fairly good amount of sales on them. I'm sure the other vendors would too. If $50 seems too low then come up with a price.

Please Mongo... let us vendors give you money. Set us up a Vendors Forum. Give each Vendor Moderator permissions for their own forum so we can self police the SPAM.

It would literally take 2 minutes to set up a Vendor forum and you would make $600 a year income off each one. Thats damn good wages.

18. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

true

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

he only post late nite<weekends> and sunday. fool can drink

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have a deal with Riders Discount right now that prevents us from doing that however we are working on it. I do understand the vendors needing something more than just a classifieds ad.