1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new classifieds successful?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodmatt78, Feb 5, 2012.

1. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

I've listed quite a few things up there, and I continue to because I want to support the club, but the decrease in exposure is pretty evident.. I haven't sold as much as I had hoped. My money is on it growing.. If anyone is seriously hard up for cash and doesn't even have the money to post it, send me a PM, I'll cover your classifieds costs until this upcoming round at Vegas.

Edit: Love the Facebook auto sharing feature!

-H

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I only have a few issues with the new set up.

I can't login on them ever . I get different search answers for what I'm looking for at times . When I hit the back button it takes me to the top of the list every time and I have to try to find where I left off searching.

I'm looking to buy alot of parts since the Scientology a holes dropped my bike .

Other then that I like it. Spam has died down and it seems alot cleaner.

3. motox

motox 164

:stupid:

I feel the same. Its come in quite handy considering Ive found lots of gear and a bike. The amount of responses I received from a WTB ad was incredible. It doesnt seem to have the umm... vastness, i guess, of the old classifieds but the postings are much higher quality

4. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I will be posting on the classifieds for my bike pretty soon. Im just not sure how much success with where I live, and not wanting to go through having the bike shipped. Either way, its only a few bucks, and who knows, I might sell it locally fairly quickly.

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

We had that issue on CLSB. Solution was to make it so only the OP (or mods/admin) could post to the ad. Buyers needed to either email or PM the seller.

As to charging to sell, well thats Mongos decision. A bunch of other sites I'm on charge to sell in their classifieds, yet they dont have problems with people whining about it.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

99% of the whining isn't due to having to pay. It's the amount of parts, or lack of, that's the problem.

I've tried to sell on the site with no luck. I've listed alot of WTB ads with no luck.
    Hell, I can't even get any replies to a WTB ad for 06-10 GSXR race parts, the most popular bike out there.

Old site + pay/membership, would've have brought in 10-20 times the money that the new site has, easily.

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I posted my bike on them and sold it almost immediately. I used them to get a baseline idea on pricing and posted.

Now, to say I like them better is not accurate. I think in terms of selling a bike or looking for a bike, it is better. I like seeing the bikes and the brief descriptions and the searches seem better.

BUT, I think that the little stuff is harder to find. Transponders, lap timers, clutch levers, brakes, etc., etc., etc are getting hard to find. I searched for a lap timer one time and got three results. That sucks.

I am willing to bet that the income is good and the fact is that a lot of sites are starting to do this. It only makes sense. Considering what Ebay charges you on selling a bike or part, the costs here are minimal.

They will only get better. There will be resistance at first, but I bet as the years go by, it ends up as strong as before if not better...

8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well, I know I dont respond much to WTB ads simply because doing the footwork for some tire kicker pisses me off. If its something i know i can sell easily i'll respond for shits and giggles but still, people are tight, and its winter. M/c sites in general are slow.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got it fixed now that I can get back in, not sure what's up with the proxy think but working on it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me if you're having login issues, not sure what they are but I can't try to fix it if I don't have details.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt it. Mainly because the people who aren't using it to post ads are doing so because they don't want to pay - the same people wouldn't pay if it were on here. The complaints are about 50/50 between not wanting to pay and not happy with the change because of the volume. Thing is the volume would have decreased had I left it forum based and charged a membership of any sort - same people who bailed would have bailed, same lost volume from all the parts whores wanting to make money off of free sites without supporting them would still be gone.

12. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Tried to sell my race bike on a few forums and craigslist, never even got a response back. Coughed up the $10 to list my bike on the WERA classifieds and I had at least 4-5 people e-mail me in the first two days asking questions.

Eventually traded it for an SV race bike for next season so in my opinion the new classifieds work great :up:

13. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

What if you brought back the old "for sale" thread and made it to where someone couldn’t start a new thread until they sent WERA $10?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Administering that would be a royal pain in the ass sorry. I can't even get the damn bicycle gear sorted out.

15. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

What would be nice is every person that list on the wera classifieds be a wera member so we as buyers will feel safer.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If that's really what the issue is, he must drink A LOT! 90% of his posts are bitching about something. :D

17. motogypsy

motogypsy is not the enemy

I place probably 10 adds per month on the classifieds, the volume of lookers is lower than the old classifieds, but the number of retards responding, stupid questions, and ridiculous offers has gone down considerably.
    I HATED the new classifieds when they started, but now it is working great for me...like has been stated, with the old classifieds you had to bump your add every day or you dissapeared, a bunch of knuckleheads posting how they can get if for cheaper on blah blah blah....
    Paying for the adds doesnt bother me at all, I actually prefer it to getting shuffled down the page every hour, and yeah the traffic has dropped, but the stuff I would expect to sell quickly is selling.
    Overall I have changed my mind from hating it to being O.K. with it.
    At this point I would have a hard time deciding which one I liked better...
    and if it helps WERA financially all the better, because, it helps me financially also..

18. I wonder if people realize its not automatically the same login as here.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably not. Especially if they click the link here to get to the other site.

20. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

I was a very vocal critic of the new site.

Then I posted a bike for sale. It sold in a day. A buddy had the same experience.

They work just fine.