1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerd Alert: Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'General' started by 600 dbl are, Oct 17, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

GT Sport is out today. Anyone else nerding it up?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Should be delivered home late today. Also got a new steering wheel, Thrustmaster 300 RS, while they are on sale for this launch.

3. 600 dbl are

Let me know how you like the Thrustmaster. I was looking at getting a wheel for the Xbox as well and I can't bring myself to drop $1200 on the Fanatec set up.

BigBird likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mine's getting delivered today. I forgot that I had pre-ordered it on Amazon like a year and 1/2 ago and they kept pushing the release date back and back until I just forgot about it until yesterday I got a txt alert my AMEX was being charged and then sure enough an email from Amazon 5 minutes later saying it was shipping, lol.

BigBird likes this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Interested to hear opinions.

Haven't been all that impressed with GT games in awhile and have bee a bit jealous of what XBox users have been getting in Forza. GT just started to feel so incredibly sanitary......

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

GT has always taken more of the simulator route and prided itself on realism and less so on arcade type theatrics. I think for alot of run of the mill gamers that's why it seems more sanitary by comparison.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I appreciated the simulated feel that rewards precision and setup fine-tuning, but it seems that while Forza had more of any arcade feel to the physics, what they got right was the "soul" of motorsports, with more visceral engine/gearbox sounds and a bigger focus on the environments.

For as long as I can remember, most of the GT cars all sounded like kitchen appliances and AI opponents all felt like they were on rails.

I'm looking forward to hearing some impressions on the new game, though.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Fair point

The other thing I wasn't crazy about GT series was the repeated re-use of the same old courses over and over and over. Well known world circuits I'm cool with and I wish they'd actually add more of them. But there's like some random crappy tracks that have existed in the series since like 1999 lol

thrak410 and NemesisR6 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thrustmaster sounds like y'all are into sex toys. NTTAWWT....

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

:Putter: :crackup:

11. 600 dbl are

The market place, livery editor and crash damage set Forza apart from GT. Being able to buy and share car set ups and paints was huge.

thrak410 likes this.
  12. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I'm finally getting a PS4, so yes, I'm pretty excited. :)

BigBird likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I just read this verion of Gran Turismo will have FIA sanctionned races. That's pretty cool.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Waiting to see opinions.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I was firmly in the GT camp until I played Forza3 on my bros xbox. Its a better game. The AI is better, the sounds are better, the tracks are better.

Now I hope I get FM7 for Xmas, since we're in the 4th Q and I'm not allowed to buy anything for myself :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do you need a thrustmaster with Forza?

badmoon692008 and G Dawg like this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just plucked it out of the mailbox and dropped it in the PS4. Right away it has to download a 12GB update. I also redeemed some special codes that came with the "limited edition" version that I got, $1M, 8 cars and some other stuff. Amazon also included a code for another $500K and a few more unlocked cars.

....now just have to wait another 30 min for this download to finish lol.

BigBird likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

No.

19. 600 dbl are

Typical. I really hate that shit.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's a pain to download at first, but at least you know that they are fixing the game issues, and constantly updating. So worth it at the end of it all