1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help developing website/software for registration

Discussion in 'General' started by SGVRider, Nov 1, 2010.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Okay, what I want to do is fairly simple but I am not a computer expert. I have friends who could help me with any more involved programming. I am a member of a small cycling team (well small when you consider the number of racers who are actually serious). I want to develop a system for managing team rides and races more sophisticated than message board postings saying "are you showing up?".

Basically this is what I want to do: Each racer will be able to confirm his participation in a race or training event on a predefined calendar of events. I want this data to be available to all other authorized users of the group. Mainly this will help with organizing carpools, lodging, and being organized for logistically difficult events far ahead of time.

I would like the capability to let people express their level of commitment by category and also to import the data to Word or Excel. I have looked for already existing free and commercial applications to do this but none are really what I want. A standalone website would be fine. Does anyone have ideas on how I could go about doing this? It doesn't need to be ultra sophisticated just reliable and simple to use.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Google Calendar?

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I can use it. I need the ability to create a roster mainly.

4. dave ls1

dave ls1 Active Member