1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Auto mechanic within 100 miles Little Rock Ar

Discussion in 'General' started by PMooney Jr., Nov 22, 2018.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Hoping to get some local advice. Our van has been sitting in Greenbrier Ar, needs some engine work, potentially major. Anyone in that area have a recommendation on an honest mechanic? I was hoping to drag it back home to Fl but havent been able to. More efficient to have it fixed there if possible at this point. I can have it towed wherever it needs to go. Had a good lead on a local but he's winding his shop down from big engine work as he's older with some health issues. Appreciate any advice!

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

1B32CBA4-2C5F-43DA-A369-8C7E09B668A9.jpeg If you’re hauling it back to FL, drop it off here. Only place I’ll let work on my vehicles. They’ve worked on my classic car. Replaced an engine in my Jeep. Good people too.

3. PMooney Jr.

If I can get it back here I'll do it myself, game for that if I can get it here but that's a long haul. If we find someone local I'll have them take a look.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pat - sent a text.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I shared it on a local FB group. I’ll let you know if anyone has any recommendations.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

What kind of van? Domestic or import? I live in Conway (about 15 miles south of Greenbrier) and have a guy I really really like, but he only does imports.

Still the 07 GM 5.3 from August?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  7. PMooney Jr.

Correct, 07 5.3 1/2 ton van. That would be great, thank you! If nothing else maybe he'll have a suggestion.

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Okay. I'll check on some stuff and ask the guys at work who have GMs what they recommend. Any ideas on what it may need at this point?

9. PMooney Jr.

Thank you! Best guess at this point is valve train failure. Rocker arm maybe? What damage it caused, who knows. Starts up and runs, builds oil pressure, sounds like a bucket of bolts. Does have a misfire code for sure, figure best bet is pull codes, figure out the cyl, pull dog house and a valve cover from the cyl bank with the dead cyl. Hope for the best! It's actually very accessible from inside the van, I put spark plugs in a year or 2 back and it was a very easy job from inside.

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

You've got PM.

11. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Still need one? I have a friend in Quitman I can ask.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  12. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

I grew up in Greenbrier/Conway, I sent a message to some local folks.

PMooney Jr. likes this.
  13. jfcasley

Barkleys in Springhill - 501-679-6770

14. PMooney Jr.

Barkleys is the first place I called, that's who I was speaking about in the first post unfortunately.

15. jfcasley

I put out another call, I haven't been up there in 30 years.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm going to guess you've already done this?

Auto Repair, Conway AR.jpg

17. jfcasley

"Greenbrier Auto 501 679 4933 , they have been in business along time , but I haven't used them"

18. PMooney Jr.

Yep, but spoke with the guy who has the van at his house, says theres a couple of shops to really avoid so figured someone here would point me in the right direction. Only one he would recommend was Barkleys.

19. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Just talked to my buddy in Quitman. He hasn't used them personally, but has heard good things about Austin Brothers.