1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neck Brace - Street/Dirt

Discussion in 'General' started by Bunke10, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

Are there any neck braces that are good for both street and dirt riding? Looks like Leatt has mainly braces that are meant for one or the other, as well as EVS, Atlas, and I think Alpinestars?

Is buying one for each the better option?

2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Problem is you can't move you neck up enough to be tucked in with a dirt one. I mean if you are just looking to ride on the street, on maybe a naked bike like a FZ1 or something, then yeah it would probably work. But would likely be a bitch on a sportbike.

3. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

Track/motocross***

I guess that answered it though. I'll give Leatt a call and see what they say.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I tried the Leatt on pavement a couple times. It was OK on the Hyper but like inpayne said, there is not enough movement to tuck and still look forward on a sportbike. I have their original style of brace though. Not sure if they have other offerings.

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I can tuck in with mine. The new rr model is nicer that the stx of course the price tag goes with it. If it is adjusted right it will not be a issue riding.

7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

anyone have any experience with those little parachute-pack looking neck/airbags? Sdiver68 had one at Gateway this past summer, but I cant remember who made it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  8. http://safermoto.com I use the vest and trust it. Sold and supported by a fellow racer.