1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville 350GP , V1

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by donovangravlee, Apr 5, 2010.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

engine fluids don't care which tire you run :D

wouldn't it be cheaper just to set up another set of wheels instead of hauling another compete 'rain' bike to the track....oh wait, nevermind.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Getting roosted in the wet is so, so, so icky and demeaning...

3. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Actually, James can tell you how much fun I had on that slip and slide.

4. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

In the wet I talk a lot more in my helmet, I'll babble my way around the track...

There's always admonishing myself: "Oh that was just briiliant. FABULOUS! No more of that."

Expressions of empathy for fellow racers who depart the asphalt surface unexpectedly: "Oh that wasn't so good, no, that won't do at all."

A whole host of expletives that go with the incessant shield wiping and visor down/visor cracked routine to try to maintain some vestige of what most people would call, "vision."

...getting roosted just causes grunts and half-formed bad words of the worst variety...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. videojack

Keith used to start every race chanting "Don't crash on the warm up lap, Don't crash on the warm up lap..." Now he has turned that one over to Doug...

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

<internal monologue> "damn this sucks. puked a base gasket in the first race racing against Doug and Eric, now i'm sliding around in this wet mess. crap, was that a slide from the rain or was that oil. i can't f@%$ing tell. damn it, there goes Chuck past, he's never f@%$ing passed me before. eh, well. HEY! WTF?! there goes Ja...oh, nevermind...there goes Jack" :D

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

When I came by Jacks incident the next lap, he had the bike up....picking chunks of mud and turf out of it!:(

Some of the best helmet babbling can be heard on Eric Mercers helmet cam from last barber.....I was on 1 cyl and down a lap...he comes up on me, and you can hear him hollerin "come on! come on!!"....it was funny....I was out of the racing line, but I think he was getting pinched from the other side too.

8. videojack

Now, that had me explaining to coworkers what I busted out loud laughing about!

9. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

I liked that race too. :D

10. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

You know, sometimes you guys are just plain funny. Now, I don't mean "funny " like francis, I mean humorous kinda funny.:)

11. videojack

Never call me Francis! My name is Psycho! Got it?

12. videojack

Give me a call

Donovan, seems there's a storm brewing that we (you and I) can dissapate. Please give me a call. PM sent.

13. jeanlee411

jeanlee411 New Member

You can count on Team Old & Oily (Jack and Keith) for GP350 and GP500. I don't think Keith has his EX500 up and running yet.

Perhaps CharlieY will get his up and running and take the first V5 points for Atlanta?

14. videojack

Okay, Team Old & Oily was a no show at Nashville. We wimped out due to "Severe Weather" as listed on weatherchannel.com. See us at Barber, this Saturday.
    Humbly yours, until the green flag...
    Team Old & Oily