1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin is Freshman All American

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah Toe...get some of that signing bonus money and runa superbike team

BigBird and AC1108 like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Congrats. It's a long road to the show. He's earned it.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Christmas! :crackup:

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Too awesome Toe. Still remember your first posts about him. Coming from Baseball, few appreciate not only the amazing amount of God given gifts it takes to be included in this group, but the amount of work it takes for those super rare gems to reach that level. Truly the top 1% of the top 1%. Congrats to your family!!!!

BigBird likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That's got to feel amazing to watch a family member work his way up to the majors.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Baseball is certainly special in that way......huge congrats to your cousin. Here's hoping this is just the beginning of a long and successful career.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hitting major league pitching is truly difficult. Doubly so when you get called up and you struggle a bit. I've seen it time and time again, where the natural swing gets compromised by the head -- its a little like making a mistake in a race, losing two spots to people behind you, and then pushing to a point of force and losing the natural skill that had you in front of them before that.

I'm really sorry I missed this, as I've been rooting for him given the WERA-'Toe connection. I watched the game to the 8th but retired after a 12 hour day in the field and a number of low sleep nights (including staying up to the 15th inning watching the night before -- yes, even when shitty, which is often, I'm a dedicated fan of the game and the team). Super glad to see this this morning.

Here is wishing Jaylin great success next year.

BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:beer:

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Oh, and I'm sure it's been mentioned here, but damn does his swing, physicality, etc. have a lot Barry Bonds in it....not to mention that hop when he knew he got all of it!! :bow:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Read an article yesterday on The Ringer about the retirement of Bruce Bochy. Not a particular student of MLB, so it made me understand better the extra significance Jaylin's shot had. :)

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Amazing he beat the odds. Congrats and hope that shot gives him the confidence to power on with a successful career. My cousin was a pitcher in the minors that was always "that close" to being called up. The bigs is for the truly elite. I'd be proud as I'm sure you are.
    Enjoy!

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Super small world Steel... I'm working with a tech in my datacenter right now that's Jaylin's G'father's neighbor. Lives across the street from him.

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you ever wondered if cards are signed by hand he's sitting here signing a gazillion of them lol. Only a gazillion more to go! :D home for Christmas.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Always been a baseball fan though I got away from it for a few years. My Grandfather played for Connie Mack and the Philadelphia A's. He got married and had to quit to get a real job. Ended up playing for the PRR railroad team. My how times have changed! Congrats.

Steeltoe and t11ravis like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Dear Jaylin

Please take Toe out and get him laid
    for Christmas. He needs it.

TIA and Merry Christmas

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

By a woman this time.

badmoon692008 likes this.