1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin is Freshman All American

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 7, 2013.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Props to your family for adopting an African American child. :D

That is damned awesome.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Extremely cool, I hope his shoulder heals up okay…..congrats Man:up:

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

WTG! Awesome news. Hope he goes far!

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I will say, "hello." :D

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's been devastating to say the least. He had surgery and the docs said he would be sidelined all spring and summer. My mom and his mom have been in tears calling all sort of doctors and so forth. I tried to calm mom down because ALL great athletes get injured at some point it's part of the game. I don't know the details of the draft or even how all that stuff works to be honest. He's a beast. He'll be back stronger faster and tougher than ever! :up:

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Back with a vengeance.

http://m.milb.com/news/article/20160701187404380/e-twins_davis_homers_twice_on_22nd_birthday

Birthday is a piece of cake for Twins' Davis
    [​IMG]

Minnesota outfield prospect blasts two homers, plates career-high five
    By Michael Leboff / MiLB.com
    Friday, Jul. 1 11:32 PM

After Twins' No. 16 prospect Travis Blankenhorn hit a one-out triple to right field in the first inning, Davis worked deep into the count trying to plate the run. He ended up putting his team ahead with a two-run blast to right.

"After Travis got on third with a triple, I was just looking for something to hit to drive him in," the 2015 24th-round pick said. "I was able to work the count to 3-2 and then got a fastball away and I was able to stay on it and put it out the other way."

The celebration continued in the next inning for the just turned 22-year-old, as he smashed a two-run homer to center with two outs to put the Twins up, 6-0.

"Everybody on the team knew it was my birthday, so it was pretty cool," Davis said.

Fully recovered from a torn labrum that postponed his professional debut, the North Carolina native has gotten off to a hot start since joining Elizabethton on June 22. The Appalachian State product's six homers and .909 slugging percentage lead the Appalachian League.

"I feel good right now; once I get to the field and start throwing and stretching everything feels right," he said. "I'm just trying to be aggressive at the plate. I'm swinging at a lot of first-pitch strikes. My mindset this whole time has been to get something good over the plate and hit it hard. While I'm here in Elizabethton, I just want to help the team win. If I get moved up, that'll be great, but right now I am happy with where I am."

Alex Kirilloff, Minnesota's first-round pick in this year's Draft, went 3-for-4 and hit his first pro homer in the third. It was the Pennsylvania native's third game since being selected 15th overall.

"I see him going really far," Davis said of Kirilloff. "First and foremost, he's a really good guy and a great teammate. He's got a great swing with a great approach, so he's going to be really good for us. He's a really good outfielder who gets good reads, so having him out there helps me as well."

Andrew Vazquez (1-0) allowed two hits and struck out seven over three innings in relief of Elizabethton starter Tyler Wells, who yielded two runs on two walks while fanning six over 2 2/3 hitless frames.

Pulaski starter Juan Jimenez (2-0) surrendered six runs on six hits and a walk while striking out one in two innings

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Moved up to the Ft Myers Miracle. Tonight they played Tim Tebow's team. Beat em 11-0! Cuz got a run.

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Used to go to Miracle games all the time!

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You should hang out with him, maybe he can get you some poontang.
    Couldn't hurt.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Clay and NemesisR6 like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Rockin!!!

Better hurry, tho... 24 years old. tick tock. The majors are harsh if you're much older.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Brian looks just like you!

[​IMG]

:D

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just got the news he is headed to the Chattanooga Lookouts AA team baby!

BigBird likes this.
  14. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Having skills and being respectful and humble is the mark of the greatest champions in my opinion. I tell my children to be humble..always. My daughter is a pretty good lacrosse player. I told her that when people talk to you after the game don't bang on about how you did this and you did that. Praise how well the other team did and how strong they played...humility is the finest attribute for anyone.

XFBO, Steeltoe and HPPT like this.
  15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Good luck to him!!!

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

'Grats ST. Most people have no idea what level of talent it takes to even compete at the MiL level, let alone MLB. Hoping he's that one in a million player that keeps on climbing the ladder to the majors!

Kolbe and Steeltoe like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man it ain't easy! Thanks!

18. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

This is pretty cool. I'm in Chattanooga and work downtown. Actually looking at AT&T field (Lookouts stadium) this very moment :)

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've been through Chattanooga but never stopped for any length of time. Beautiful area!

20. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Played ball in college with a couple of guys who played in the minors after and it is insane the amount of talent that never makes it to the show. Wishing him all the best. Love to see him play at Target field some day.