1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muslims Who Persecute Christians

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Aug 30, 2014.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Umm..

Still haven't heard where you look for information about what this "evil" religion is up to. I've attended services at mosques and been taken in by random generous strangers who've shared their time, meals and even houses with me when I was travelling. About the most evil thing they ever did was serve me liver for dinner.

My point is, 99.999% of the world isn't evil, dude, they're just freakin people like you and me. The religion called Islam worships the same freakin god that you (presumably) go to church to worship. They even recognize Jesus as a Prophet and as the Messiah - they just don't agree that with the Trinitarian view that he literally is and/or was the son of God. Honestly, what do you picture when you think about this stuff? Do you really think that Christianity holds the monopoly on "do unto others"? Every religion in the world has that exact message at its core.. including Islam.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Oh.. you mean history classes that indicate that the Arab regions were ruled by various warlords for thousands of years before the advent of monotheism, and that Mohammed succeeded partially in uniting and quelling some of that constant war? You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl. Culturally, these people have been warring with each other for the entire time the area has had human settlements. Religion isn't the cause of that shit.

I don't know much about you, but from the stuff you're writing, I'd be willing to bet that I've read significantly more than you have. ISIS is "just another group" in the sense that they're the latest in the endless line of people twisting God's message of "love thy neighbor" to end up meaning "go kill that dude". They certainly distinguish themselves via public brutality.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

they see jesus, moses, abraham, and a lot of other biblical people as prophets.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Personally, I don't believe in God.
    Papa has proven I'm agnostic.
    I don't believe in God but I have no proof he doesn't exist, and I'm fine with that.
    I believe that when you die, you just cease to exist.
    You're no worse off than you were before you were born.

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I dont think that is what he asked you.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

huh? :confused:

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

That's actually exactly what I believe, so I totally get you on that :beer: I'm often told that it's a very pessimistic, depressing outlook, but I find that it's the opposite: my goals in life are whatever I choose them to be, and the fact that I have exactly one lifetime to accomplish them inspires me to get my ass in gear.

That said, I often wish that I did have the gift of faith, simply because of the beauty of religious messages and the solid communities they form. Studying all kinds of different religions makes me happy, as it makes me see the world as a very beautiful place full of generous, warm people. Religious traditions can be some fucking wacky things but the core religious messages are always the same: "Be a good person, here is how to do that."

8. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

Dude prepare to get jihaded. This place isn't very tolerant of educated opinions...

9. In Your Corner

Or one-sided opinions.
    He has but one side of the story.
    The hate part, he hasn't been educated on.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

ED ZACHARY!!! For me, religion is a cop out. If you can't lead a good life without the reward of heaven or the threat of hell, then you're not an inherently good or strong person.

11. ped

ped Banned

you can but your neighbor cant

12. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

Why don't you preach about the hate part. You're inherently good at it.

13. In Your Corner

Recognising and calling out hate isn't preaching it.
    Pretty much the opposite.
    Finding hate in the Muslim world is like finding acorns under an oak tree.
    I didn't have anything to do with putting the acorns there, but they are easy enough to see if you don't have blinders on.

14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

You're doing an alright job of demonstrating it... :Poke:

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

The only blinders here are yours; you seem literally blind to any comments or questions that are dissonant with your view that Islam is a religion of hatred. You haven't responded to any of my questions or rebuked any of my extensive answers or examples. You simply fall back to "you just don't see it."

I see the anger and dislike that much of the Islamic world has for the US. Everyone does. I also see perfectly rational explanations for that dislike, that don't have anything to do with religion. What I don't see is where the religion teaches hatred, anger or even dislike.. and I'm still waiting for you to point it out to me.

16. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

And, just to +1 Sheik here... no, your response to me was not an answer to what I asked you.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Mullah Robertson looks like he could be one of them.

19. Any Christians persecuting Muslims in this thread? :D.

IYC, from what you said about what you believe happens when you die, you sound more like an atheist, than an agnostic.

I'm an agnostic. I don't have any idea what happens when we die. I hope our energy/life force/whatever lives on, but I don't believe what the Bible, Koran, Bahavagita (sp?), etc. say. I do however support the right of people to believe what they want, and I think the majority of believers of all the major religions are peaceful.