1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mountain Bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Jun 9, 2020.

1. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Cyclocross is Type II fun
    https://www.tetongravity.com/story/culture/the-three-and-a-half-types-of-fun-explained

I find my gravel bike to be great for my area, I ride roughly 70/30 pavement/dirt. I turn right out of my driveway and a have 50/50 4 mile climb up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and can easily make up a 25 mile 2500’ mixed ride on days I don’t have time to drive to a trail.

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Wasnt there a wera group on zwift or am I mixing up strava ?

3. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Do you use a medium?

Just bought a medium titanium Silverado and weighed it just out of curiosity and it weighs more than the listed 204g. 221g which is more in line with the listed cromoly weights. Not a weight weenie. Just don’t want to be ripped off.
    Any chance you can scale yours?

4. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

you can video yourself from the side and check a lot of fitment issues that way. You might have excess pressure on the saddle resulting from the bars being too high as well.

I've been ok on the trainer this season using a specialized saddle with a cutout, but it isn't as comfortable as the saddles on my real bikes. I'm going to try a selle italia SLR next

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man honestly its taken so many tweaks to get the position right. On the FSi its a 'SAVE' carbon post which is notorious for being impossible to set up the same way twice and on the Strive I have no idea how'd I get it back to the same position with the micro-adjustments. Sorry.

6. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

No worries. I think I have a good line on what to do next. Magnet. Science.

thrak410 likes this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’ve lost the charger for my 705. Due to a recent failure, I was forced into buying a new phone (iPhone 14). I’m thinking about skipping the 705 and using this new phone in its place.

1.) I believe the 705 cadence sensor is ANT+. Anyone use an iPhone synced to a cadence sensor?

2.) Reliable?

3.) Is this a dumb idea and I just need to buy a new charger?

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It is ANT+. I suppose if you have an app and would prefer trying to use the phone instead, then give it a whirl and see how it goes.
    I'd just buy a new USB cable myself. I don't remember off hand if it is mini or micro, but it's just charged via USB.

ducnut likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Edit: I just checked AZN. A charge cable is only $7. I may do just that.

Never used a phone app, before, which is why I’m curious about making the switch.

It’s a funky Garmin shape.

2A6E5894-33D1-4AB9-9FBA-A0359495E731.jpeg

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, mini USB.

ducnut likes this.
  11. thrak410

thats not 'funky garmin' lol its a standard mini usb cable. :D

ducnut and brex like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m VERY electronics inept. Haha.

13. tony 340

Any of you guys riding with a garmin watch ?

I'm back riding regularly again, and want to track things all day. Trying to get my blood pressure numbers back where they need to be sans prescriptions.

I'm thinking the garmin line might be my best move for when I'm kayaking/hunting/snowmobiling/fishing in the middle of nowhere and no phone signal.

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I use a Garmin Forerunner 35. It's basic, but it gets the info I've been looking for. Lately, I've been thinking I may need to upgrade. The wife has a 45s and it's much cooler than mine.

15. thrak410

My buddy has a garmin watch and loves it. Personally I don't think I could ride with a watch on my wrist. I'm way to active on the bars.

I have a 530 bike computer and enjoy it a lot. Associated sensors are not that much more.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the watches by themselves work "ok"... they tend to lose GPS connection with heavy tree canopy. They work ALOT more accurate with HR, speed & cadence sensors, etc.
    My buddy has the Fenix... and he was getting shorted 5-8 miles a ride. Once he put a speed sensor... he was getting the same mileage as everyone else

tony 340 likes this.
  17. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Lookie what I can do !

Bars came out last Friday. No strength nor range of motion but I can wrap my fingers around the grip so that's an improvement.

Attached Files:

stk0308, thrak410, cBJr and 2 others like this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I had a fenix 7 and it was great. Just sold it though for the Apple Watch ultra and I like it a bit better. The garmin lasts forever on the battery but I can get a few days on the ultra and even more if I just toss it on the charger for 20 min a few times a day.

19. tony 340

This is where I'm at.

I want a watch that tracks me at work and on the bike, but also when I'm tracking deer blood in the pitch black and don't end up circling over where I already was.

Plus we kayak and snowmobile a lot of places there isn't any phone service. Really thinking I'm gonna order the Fenix 6 or 7

I'm not looking to carry my phone at all, want a watch that runs independent of the phone. The less calls and texts and emails the better. I'm old

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

For sure the better watches are more accurate. I had an Apple Watch 3 I believe and it was not good. The garmin was far better and this ultra seems to be just as good. They use more satellites to get better accuracy. My old Apple Watch would blast through a battery when I ran GPS which is what led me to the garmin but the ultra hadn’t been released at that point.