1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motty Electronics AFR tuner

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kennoy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. kennoy

kennoy Well-Known Member

Anybody have any experience with this unit? Please reply with your opinion or experience with it.

Good or bad?

TIA

2. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

Street bike or race bike application? First off I have to say I don't have one. I had some emails back and forward to Motty, who was quite helpful, but it seemed to me like it was not much use for a race bike. It has some good features, sure, but only self maps in 4th, 5th and 6th, which was the main problem I saw for my application.

That being said your needs may differ from mine (quite likely :)) so you need to see what suits your application.

3. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

I have one, and i like it. It does the self map in any gear with the newest firmware. It has a great datalogging feature. The only problem is the installation if you not a mechanic with some soldering skills. They working on the plug and play version for Suzukis for now, but Tamas has a very low budget, so it will be a while. I am 100% satisfied with the unit. On a long run you definitely save money since you don't have to pay for custom dyno tuning $200-300 each time you change something on the bike. Also this is a real time self mapping not like Bazzaz that you have to apply the suggested values. You can change the map resolution to a very detailed level, it has much more steps in TP and RPM than any other unit in the same price range. Also you can add different AFR to each cell not like the Bazzaz where you have to apply the same AFR for the entire range.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  4. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info, wasn't aware of that update.

5. jetspeedz

jetspeedz Well-Known Member

Ken like i said its by far the best in terms of tuning and you can use it to tune for every gear. Tamas is very knowledgeable and knows his electronics and has has this working on his bike for years before he put it into production. Be on the lookout for updates and additions to the AFRtuner like individual cylinder mapping and possible LCD.

6. Bob Shy

Bob Shy Banned

+1 mine is on the way.

7. balagee

balagee New Member

I own one of the AFR Tuner units, using in my GSXR 750 K4. It works as advertised. It smoothed out the on/off throttle reactions nicely. This helped a lot on the track. Currently using with a Yoshimura system...

And yes the installation was tricky, some help was necesssary, but everything worked well.

8. jetnoiz

jetnoiz Member

I have the first dual cylinder mapping Mottys on my Aprilia Mille. Results are better than I expected. Bike keeps getting better and better. New firmware coming out soon.

9. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

Have one, very pleased...

10. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

How was installation on your Mille?

And I emailed him about this as well but I figured I would ask: Has anyone gotten a quickshifter to work with it?

11. kennoy

kennoy Well-Known Member

I have the Motty installed and it works great. I have the Bazzaz QS-4 quick shifter installed also with no issues at all. Plus, I have the Speedo healer on the bike to correct for the gearing changes I made. Bike works great.

12. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

I have a Danos performance on my gsxr 1000, with AFR.

13. jetnoiz

jetnoiz Member

No problems. Very straight forward. Since my bike was the first Mille we had to work on the setup a bit. It is all sorted out now. As long as you know how to do a little electrical work it is great. His new firware will allow you to attach a two position switch to adjust 5 different options (fuel map, data logging, ...).

I do not have a quickshifter so I do not know.

14. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

This new firmware out already? I can not see on his website.

15. jetnoiz

jetnoiz Member

No. Not yet

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So there is no US importer?

17. jetnoiz

jetnoiz Member

No. Just order directly from them. I received it 3 days after I ordered it.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I might just do that.
    It will depend on how today's football games turn out :p

19. desertegl

desertegl k7 600

I know this is a little old but I wanted to hear a couple of other opinions on it now that there is a US importer. I'm not affiliated by any means but here is their site : http://www.afrtuner-usa.com/.

20. 4yamahas

4yamahas Well-Known Member

Last comment on the bazzaz is not true. You can collect data at a different ratio and only enter it in a chosen rpm range , deleting the rest.