1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Models

Discussion in 'General' started by Roach, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

What? No copy of the world's greatest racer the FZR400? [​IMG]

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

They have / had a limited edition 1/6 scale Dick Mann 69 Honda CR750 that was SWEET!!!!!!

But it was only offered for sale in limited quantities to dealers.

I found a kit in Germany but with the exchange rate and shipping it would of cost more than the REAL 69 CB750 I bought!

[This message has been edited by Huey130 (edited 03-26-2002).]

4. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

I have the RGV kit. It is sweet, about the only thing not modeled are the pistons, crank and gears.

Maybe I'll get a chance to build it when my REAL bikes/projects are finished...

James

5. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I know what you mean. I have the TZ250 built and a RS500 and the Yamaha version ready to be built. They have a ton of detail and painting all the parts correctly takes a looooooooooooong time.

6. RandyD

RandyD Zoinks!!!

Ditto - I have the the Suzuki RGV replica from Kenny Jr's first season with Suzuki. The detail is fantastic, but you better give yourself plenty of time to put it together! Tamiya has been making GP models for a long time, and their quality is terrific.

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have a '82 Katana GS1000SZ that I have yet to put together---I've only had it for 5 years [​IMG] The kits have very nice quality & originality. The Katana kit even has the Continental tires that came on the bike back in '82.

I have the real thing sitting in one corner of my garage collecting dust & spider webs.

8. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

OH! I thought this thread was going to be about the cute guys with good haircuts and perfect cheek bone structure all dressed in black leather standing beside their motorcycles. [​IMG]

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Well I'll send you a pic of me then. [​IMG]

10. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

you must be talking about me.. I know you dig the Elvis types [​IMG]

11. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

Oh no! I hope Don doesn't see this. He's already obsessed with those models they sell at Wal-Mart. [​IMG] Although, I have to say that I love the F4 one he got me for Christmas. [​IMG]

12. Roach

I found a shop online selling most of them, I ordered the '01 Red Bull Yamaha ... They didn't have Rossi's NSR [​IMG] Glad to hear the kits are of good quality.

- Roach

13. Laurie Acree

[​IMG] How 'bout some pics on here Tracee and luckystrike....

14. Roach

I got the cheekbone thing down... but the nose came along as some sort of package deal.
    http://laura.dcc-racing.org/images/bri7.jpg

- Roach

15. Laurie Acree

Such a cute fella with such a gross name. [​IMG] I pictured "Roach" as some big, unshaved, has a beer belly kind of guy. [​IMG]

16. Roach

Er, Laurie... it's my last name. Brian Roach. People just call me by my last name because it's fairly uncommon.

I'll wait while you get that foot out of your mouth [​IMG]

Oh... and thanks for the compliment! [​IMG]

- Roach

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited 03-26-2002).]

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

ROTFL! [​IMG]

Roach, you pimping yourself?

Laurie, spectators are eargerly awaiting your retort.

18. Laurie Acree

Roach... [​IMG] I'm sorry.

19. Roach

Actually... I was attempting to make fun of myself. Who knew? Luckily it's profile shot so you can't tell that the eagle beak is also slightly crooked from being broken and not set right!
    - Roach

20. Roach

LOL... I got over it somewhere around the 5th grade. Kids really ARE cruel, you know...

- Roach