1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina| 06 Apr - 08 Apr | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Apr 3, 2018.

1. cha0s#242 and Phl218 like this.
  2. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

He’s a factory rider, paid millions, and he doesn’t know the 10-or-so pages of the rule book that actually relate to start procedures and the rider?

You don’t ride counter-race.

Yes it was a chaotic start. That’s irrelevant. He’s paid millions. Know the rules.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Professional football players know holding is against the rules but if they don't do enough of it every game they'll soon be sitting on the bench watching someone else play their position. The highly paid pros don't just know the rules. They're masters of skirting the rules.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and they try not to skirt them with every single camera point at them :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

What you y'all don't account for is that Robby-Bobby comes from an American dirt track background where taking someone to the grass or the wall as it pleases you in order to get around the track is perfectly ok, and in some historical circumstances, expected. He fails to account for many things, including, but not limited to: (i) this is MotoGP at issue - not some Saturday night, short track, bull ring in Pensacola, FL; (ii) MM has a long and storied history of ignoring these particular rules and the concomitant infractions and penalties; and (iii) Dorna's incompetence and confusion vis-à-vis the grid at Argentina does not excuse MM's modus operendi, i.e., do as he pleases and rules and officials be damned, then make up some mealy mouthed, half ass excuse after the fact to attempt to justify your inexcusable actions.

That's all I have. Going to COTA on the Multi Enduro. Looking hugely forward to the ride down, the show at Austin, and simply being away from any type of work. Not particularly looking forward to the anticipated rain Saturday at COTA, the long ride home, or Austin hipsters, altho' they can be quite entertaining much in the same way those-who-only wear-black were in the '90's . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And he trolls a lot in threads like this :D

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

And he successfully ran a professional factory road race team for 3 years in addition to highly successful amateur/expert racing for 10 years.

Trolling or not, I’d put my knowledge ahead of 99.9999% of the people here in regards to rider safety.

Most recently being voted as 3rd member of rider advisory board in American Flat with Bill Werner (most grand national wins for any tuner) and Mike Hacker. Voted by current professional racers and team owners.

But nah, I couldn’t come to a different conclusion than keyboard warriors and guys who can barely grid up for a trackday LOL

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

You're still an asshole :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah. That Schwantz guy was a total hack.

10. Robby-Bobby

I’ve had like 10 years coaching from you but nobody cares about that in my resume! Lol

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bastards! That's some high value stuff I've been sharing!

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve literally used EXACT quotes from you when running plenty of my own events.

My favorite is the classic: No

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Poor DT racers....

14. Robby-Bobby

Yea now I’ve got quads. They worse of all

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ick. I don't like how they flip. We did them roadracing at Hallet a couple times.

16. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Waaaaaa, waaaaaa, waaaaaa . . . . You were soooooo much more credible BEFORE you started extolling the purported virtues, and vast extent, of your knowledge, experience, etc. Learn from one who learned the hard way: less is more; stop while you're ostensibly ahead; to paraphrase Lincoln, it is better to not say something and let folks wonder whether you are an idiot, than to speak and remove all doubt. :D

Cheers,

Dave

turbulence, Yamaha Fan and Razr like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Report cards at high noon! :D

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Robbi McBobby resort to name dropping? LAME. You disappoint me. Try harder!

Robby-Bobby and pscook like this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

LOL you guys!

20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'd go so far as to say they don't care that much about he camera. What they care about is whether they can get away with it and if it helps them win. The best ones have an instinct for just how far they can go without drawing a penalty. My point is that Marq knew the rules and believed he could get away with it. Colin mentioned something to the effect that the rules were not always enforced and that weekend showed that "Arrrr, they be more like guidelines."

Hey, maybe it wasn't a coincidence that it was ... Arrrrrrr...gentina.