1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Rumor is getting stronger.

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Plot twist. Lin Jarvis will head up the new Gresini squad.

BigBird, Quicktoy and lopitt85 like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

[​IMG]

scottn, prm, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Brian tells Peter “Hold My Ears” and he does while puking on Stewie’s head… best scene ever in that show :D

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Probably a great move financially for Gresini. Not so great for competition.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm still at a huge loss about why anyone would go the Yamaha route, unless Adrian Newey designs the new bike :). Does someone have a crystal ball?

7. Quicktoy

It’s not like Yamaha won’t be back within a few years.

ajcjr likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Crystal ball says…..
    $$$$$$$

BigBird likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

I haven’t read they are buying Gresini. I’ve read they’re buying out their Ducati contract. So I’m curious which it is.
    The great thing about having Gresini under your wing is they have some great riders coming down the pipe line.

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

But who are those riders contracted to?

stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Wow how crazy all of this and we are only a few months into the season

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

As far as I know, only Aldeguar has a contract for next year in MotoGP so all of the other Moto2 riders should just be contracted to their teams. No?

13. Quicktoy

Love the silly season. I truly see Pecco and Martin in red next year and Marc on a factory duc at some team. It would be funny if Ducati told vr46 that if you want a factory bike, you’re putting Marc on it. Rotflmao.

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Would not be surprised if VR46 replies with a 'No problem. We'll take the GP22s instead if you still have some around.'

BigBird, The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Isn't Rossi team main thing that they must be Italian? Which is kinda how Digi got that ride right? Kinda nobody else to pick from.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Unless there is a huge blank check for Gresini, I can't see how that would be a solid move in the current state.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Well, I’m sure Miss Padovani wants to retire at some point and not run a motorcycle team forever. If she can sell the entire outfit outright for a reasonable amount, she should.

Also, the most generous terms will be available when the counterparty is at a disadvantage. Gresini’s going to get a way better deal now than when Yamaha recovers and QBall is taking every pole position again. They’re a third-string Ducati outfit. While the bike is awesome natively, I’m sure the lease terms and technical support aren’t on par with what Yamaha will offer whilst Gresini has them over a barrel.

Herve went to KTM while the getting was good and the KTM looked like ass, Tech3 seems to be doing pretty okay these days!

I don’t have as much overwhelming faith in Yamaha like I do with Honda, but I think Yamaha will recover from the doldrums fairly quickly now. There’s very little chance of them cutting and running like the Suzuki assholes.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He went because he sensed the was about to get shafted by Yamaha.

The Great One and Robby-Bobby like this.
  19. SGVRider

You jest, but is it that implausible? Regardless of whether Lin was looking to retire after 20+ years or he was forced out, he’d be the perfect candidate. If he was forced out, this would’ve been the perfect ploy to placate any Jarvis adherents within the org and let him save face. It also makes him available to assist with the transition in a smoother way, and get Gresini or whatever team they take over up to speed on the Yamaha Way.

20. SGVRider

Yamaha is known for that. That’s why it’d make sense for Nadia just to take the money and walk rather than partner with them if she has the chance.

I wonder if Yamaha has learned their lesson about burning partners? Maybe that’s why they’re interested in just having a wholly controlled team instead of partners?

Burning Tech3 has certainly cost them hugely. They have no extra bikes on which to build a talent pipeline and more importantly no additional R&D and data that they’d have with more bikes.

redtailracing and IL8APEX like this.