MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KTM is heavily funded by the Bull. Austrians with Austrians.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

location has never stopped Red Bull from dishing out the cash.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The team or the kart track?

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think this is biggest news from that Ducati article

"Ciabatti’s change of role marks another major shake-up within the Ducati team for 2024, after one of Gigi Dall’Igna’s most trusted engineers Massimo Bartolini accepted an offer to become Yamaha’s technical director."

cbush, Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The kart track was go pro and now it's trackhouse. It's always been owned by Justin marks though

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya, guess dad wanted to keep the marketing separate.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Red Bull would follow Marquez to Yamaha if he went there (not saying they would leave all KTM). On their way into that their 10:00 AM meeting, they would probably meet Repsol people coming out of the 9:00 AM meeting.

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw that Gresini is introducing the team January 20th. That’s going to be funny. I can only imagine that the bankers that gresini deal with all spanking it at the influx of cash that’s coming in. :D

The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  9. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking Gresini switches to KTM in '25, and that will be MM's 3rd manufacturer that he wins the title with.

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

MM will be back on a factory team in 25….

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  11. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I didn't actually say that he wouldn't...

MM would probably be happy enough with having his bro on the satellite team while he is on the factory team. They would get to ride decent dirt bikes again too!

27 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, that’s so stupid it’s actually brilliant! :up:

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You guys are delusional

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I get it but Gresini will be a one year deal… if he goes KTM it’ll be the factory to replace Miller’s lame ass… ;)

Letitsnow likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Le-Tits-now!

cpettit, Dan Dubeau and Spang308 like this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Who is the sponsor that makes the Gresini bikes purple? Are they going to be purple this year?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

talking sponsorships:

"GPOne is reporting that the Aruba.it WorldSBK squad will be backed by Monster Energy in 2024.

This follows the Lenovo Ducati MotoGP team running the brand as a sponsor, and the Kawasaki WorldSBK team testing without the logos in the pre-season, indicating an end to their sponsorship collaboration."

The Great One likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Don’t they still get their money from Marlboro?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wondered that but can’t find any recent articles saying they still get support from Phillip Morris.
    It was supposed to be dropped for Ferrari and Ducati a few years back but PM didn’t really use the sponsorship for stickers and placement the last 6 or 7 years.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I just stumbled onto a new IG post from Stefan Bradl doing a practice start on the '24 bike. Has anyone else seen this? Is Honda going with a V4? Sounds more like a V4 to me.