1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 6 | Spain | Catalunya | May 24 - 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 20, 2024.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 7.49.37 AM.jpg

Chino52405 and BigBird like this.
  3. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Based on past predictions MM qualifies 12th and barges his way to the front FTW! :D

Phl218, Quicktoy and younglion like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93 wins the sprint race

27 likes this.
  5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Bagnaia and Martin reenact the last lap dance between Rossi and Lorenzo from 2009. Then they see the white flag and realize there's another lap left.

Phl218, Wheel Bearing and Mot Okstef like this.
  6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Wasn’t that Rossi pass in Lorenzo corner to boot? :crackup:Edit… Just looked it up and turn 13 at Jere(th) is Lorenzo corner. Still a classic and if memory serves Rossi also roughed him up in his own corner at the end of a race too. :D

Last edited: May 20, 2024
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's what Marcus Ericsson did yesterday qualifying at Indy, he stopped with one lap to go, almost missed the race because of that.

Circacee likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

don’t they do an average of multiple laps? Excuse my lack of knowledge for Indy…

IMG_0938.jpeg
    although I’m the only one to ever carry the IMS logo(wow are they picky)when I did the inaugural Indy GP marketing in ama Superbike I know very little about the car races…

BigBird likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it's a 4 lap average for qualifying. But when you drop off the gas pedal, you will kill your average. Two of the top qualifiers were .0013 of a mph over 4 laps, it can be close. Heck just getting a wheel 2' wider in one turn can send you home.

Yea Indy has very strict rules on a lot of that stuff, and they try to patent everything they can. There was a mention of a lawsuit against Formula one recently because F1 said something close to "the greatest spectacle in racing" in an ad.

My brother is a spotter for Helio, and has been a spotter for 25 years there. He knows a lot of people. One of his buddies that works maintenance there loaned him some rubber concrete stamps that have the wing logo...it's patented. The guy said I'll need these back, and don't put any pictures on Facebook or some shit or he could get in trouble.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Here’s what I did to his driveway. I was sneaky and he had no idea. It made his day. image1.jpeg image0.jpeg image1.jpeg

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ll post in the Indy 500 thread…. As I have some stories about my events there…

BigBird likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

3 more days…..
    I don’t know if I’m more excited about this race or to go to Mugello and see where all the riders are going to be next year.

LukeLucky, Circacee and IL8APEX like this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Same. I love that we're racing this weekend but I cannot wait for the Mugello announcements. Martin gave a hard deadline, Lin Jarvis gave a hard deadline, Marini wants out.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

It's a bit down the order from the top tier decisions yet to be made, but there's a part of me that would like to see Digiannantonio replace A. Marquez at Gresini.

-T

15. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Marini wants out already? How could he not know how bad it was?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

None them fools really understood what kind of bad ass Marquez is. They kinda knew. But they didn't know.

badmoon692008, Quicktoy, 27 and 4 others like this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Kinda makes you really appreciate those constant front end slides. Fuckers elbows took more damage than anything most weekends just saving that Hogg

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

We’ve been in Barcelona since Monday, headed to the GP Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The spectator bikes have already started to arrive from all over Europe. Going to be a big crowd.

I have to tip MM93 for the win on Sunday.

scottn, YamahaRick, Quicktoy and 2 others like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not happening if MM93 stays there.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I’ve been to 2 GP’s. Both in Spain. What a place, what a show. Enjoy

Quicktoy likes this.