1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's good looking, speaks with that Hayden "aw, shucks, my team did the work, thanks to <insert sponsor here>", the euro girlies teenagers' panties fly off at his smile, he's 'merican and texan and Yamaha US may or may not be willing to pay for a bit of his bills like with Spies.

He's a sponsor's wet dream.

He's Boobietitties if he had gone over 4 or 5 years ago.

2. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

Zarco has shown that he can jump on a bike (ktm blindfold on) and go fast but I think to unlock his true super powers he needs to be on a fast flowey corner bike like yami

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don’t see any American getting that Petronas seat. Not even sure I would want Gerloff in that seat anyways. Gerloff is one of the few guys in the WSBK paddock that can actually take the fight to Rea.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It comes down to what they want and what Yamaha wants. I doubt they really wanted Rossi for 2021 and from what I read, they didn't want Garrett for this last race but, they got them both.

Too bad Suzuki can't or won't lease them bikes for 2022, SRT might actually get what they want.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I used to coach a girl that had everything that the big ACC schools were all about but couldn't speak to (NCAA rules) coaches before Sept X. Had it all, speed, size, talent, basic grades, UA top 150, UA all american and all that crap but she was a complete flake (and dad was a psycho). As long as she was sheltered, kept away from her dad and the "accolades" she would have grabbed one of very few full rides to her choice of schools. Dad got involved, she started to believe all the shit dad and everyone told her and what she read.

I called her Zarco.

Completely flaked the f@ck out, threw fists at a couple of games, told me and some others that "we were leeches and didn't know shit" and . . . unrecruited, quit playing mid year and is going to some D3 school to try and walk on because no one will touch her for a year or two.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Glad to see female college athletes getting closer to being equal to the males.

BigBird, Senna and Quicktoy like this.
  7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

There’s no doubt that Carmelo has been searching for the right American. Gerloff looks to be it.

I’d like to see him get it for sure but if you asked me right now to pick him or Toprak for that seat, Toprak all day. I’m biased though; just want to see him on carbon brakes with a GP chassis. He may be the only rider that could out brake Barros.

If and it’s a big if, an American uses their passport to get that ride, it will be Gerloff. Good on him and I hope that it happens. Frankie moves to the big team and good for him. Although his recent form is casting doubt. He needs to get out of his head and do what he did last year, just go ride the bike and make the difference.

Yamaha are in a great position right now. They pretty much have the lot to pick from with only KTM having any say in the riders they might want. They have time and I doubt they’ll rush the decision.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

What team , in recent years, has pulled a rider from a national championship? He’s doing great but that’s a huge risk with too many other American options if they’re looking at nationality as a major factor.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I will admit, I'd love to see GG on a full GP contract. He's still young, has shown that he can adapt to tires, bikes, tracks, and competitors. He's not afraid to take the fight to people and is willing to take risks. Although, some of them have been unnecessary, and risks like the ones where he's had contact with other riders are definitely not gunna fly in GP.. He's not Spanish enough.

On the other hand, Toprack has proven that he can be a weapon on pretty much any machinery he's thrown a leg over. He's won Redbull Rookies races, won the Euro Superstock600 championship his rookie year, won WSBK races on a satellite ZX10R, and has been on the podium all but 2 races this year. He's really matured these last 2-3 years as well. He has good people in his corner like Kenan Sufuoglu, who's stood by his side for years, and was very supportive during the death of Topracks father. Also, like mentioned above he's incredible on the brakes. Its amazing watching him brake so late, and scrub off just as much speed as his competitors.

The American in me wants GG to get the seat.
    The racing fan in me want Toprack to get his shot. He's good for the "diversity" checks a lot of people are going for lately too. Turkish, AND a practicing Muslim. (Hafizh practices Islam too, I believe) I fully support this kind of inclusion in motorcycle racing! However, I don't support those characteristics trumping skill. With Toprack, you don't have that. Kid is fricken fast, he just happens to also be Muslim and Turkish.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He has beaten Johnny Rea head to head in a race. Rea is the gate keeper apparently. I thought it was for whomever could beat him in a championship but maybe you just need to beat him once lol.

11. Quicktoy

Don’t care. Only watching wsbk to see GG. Send him over. Will save me a subscription lol.

12. Quicktoy

Stttttoooooooppppppp bringing Lacrosse into every post. ;)

13. Quicktoy

I loooove Toprak. I loved him on a Kawi. I love him on a Yami. I hate Sofuoglu, and have since he didn’t want Josh Hayes at his precious Portimao and Josh brought the damn fight that day. That being said, Toprak is and forever will be a Sofuoglu rider under his umbrella. They are both biiiiiiiiig time red Bull riders. I honestly think that alone will hold him from the SRT team.

noles19 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know he had to do a double long lap at Assen for fighting with his teammate, right? :D

stk0308, Quicktoy and henry_carlson like this.
  15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

ill believe it when i see it. cam is in a two year deal. gerloff was basiclly confirmed for wsbk again before this recent fill in. he is a sponsors "wet dream" though and this sport does crazy shit so he def could be on the Petronas bike next year but the formal signs haven't pointed to it. Not to mention, while he's shown promise he hasn't done much except piss everyone off.

In our excitement we have seem to forget that Petronas has a kid that is British and they (dorna) need English on the grid more than Americans due to tv deals. Also the Factory Yamaha BSB rider did pretty well this past weekend.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

NOBODY gives two shits about the sport nobody cares about. Especially on a racing forum.

stop comparing oranges to potatoes.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, how do you really feel about lacrosse?

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Your fetishes aside, what makes you say that?

Is his story any more compelling than the other hundreds of 20-30 year olds coming up through the sport?

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I feel the same as the majority of Americans.

The ones who aren't good enough to make the team for Soccer, Football, Baseball, Tennis, Etc play Lacrosse.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yup, but he did it without complaint and worked his way back up front. Maybe his team mate had it coming.