1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Not a chance in a hell, $50 to AFF if that happens.

Why would Yamaha, who are currently leading the championship, sign an old rider that couldn’t make the best bike on the grid win?

There are too many options that favor this move for Yamaha. If they move Franco to a 1 year deal for the factory team in ‘21. They can bring two more to SRT. See how they do and move around as needed.
    They could take a wild chance on Gerloff and come out just fine.

Quicktoy and MyWayGuy like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Fenati really has impressed me in Moto3 the last couple of years. He has kept his head down, attitude in check and nose clean. His race on Sunday also impressed me with his ability to take his penalties and cleanly work his way back up the field.
    The three riders I would never sign are Jlo, MV and Dovi. They do not more value to a team than Morbidelli, Gerloff, and any number of Moto2 riders. SRT would be wise to consider Gagne, if he continues as he has been. He is a Yamaha guy with world championship experience.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why would you pick him over Beaubier who has the world experience too, and is already over there? Plus Beaubier dominated Gagne when they were on the same team.

Also before Gerloff left, he beat Beaubier a few times as I recall, Gagne never did.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Neither one of them are even on the radar of getting that seat. They have the same chance as Dovi.

If it will be an American it will be Gerloff but there’s equal chances to take if not better ones in M2.

Senna likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

But the show so desperately wants an American apparently. Mavs move gives us a new shot as Joe isn’t getting any offers now for the upcoming season. I hope Yamaha gives Morbidelli the Bump. He was hunting Rins down last year at the end for the championship.

6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I think GG will be offered a 1 yr deal with SRT. This would allow Yamaha/SRT time to properly evaluate GG and GG to show his skill. And if he sucks at GP level most of the current GP riders will be looking to sign their next contract at this time next year anyway.

Personally, given the chance, I think GG would make it in GP.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think GG will go where Yamaha tells him to go. He's in their system now and he'll stay there until they lose interest in him.

As for Boobietitties, unless he finds some friends and/ or some cash to back him, he'll do another year in moto2 or off to WSBK.

Roberts? He needs to calm down and get his head down and maybe hire Hopper (if Whopper isn't already helping him).

henry_carlson and The Great One like this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Gagne is in a way different place than he was last year. He clearly has the pace to mactch what Cam was running last year. I would suspect that since Cam left the Yamaha fold to go to Moto2, there may be some influence to stay with a Yamaha guy. It might be worthwhile fot Yamah to keep GG in WSB because of his potential to contend for a championship. GG teamed with Toprak would be a pretty strong team.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Everyone keeps talking about Toprak so, I'll be the first to say it. F@ck Toprak! :D

sheepofblue, Quicktoy and noles19 like this.
  10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Man seeing Mir on the Yamaha is going to be sick

scottn, Quicktoy and MyWayGuy like this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He left hopper for this new team though didn't he?
    and based on performance from this year I'd be surprised if Roberts is in a better position than Cam, unless Joe really turns the year around.

12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Beaubier also dominated Gerloff in his first year on the factory Yamaha. Gagne only rode against Beaubier on the same team for one year. Gagne rode 2 different bikes before jumping onto the Attack Yamaha and needed to wrap his head around it. Now, he is running Beaubier's lap times and even beat his Road America lap record. I have no doubt Gagne would be challenging Beaubier and even beating him this year.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t know, have the tire compounds changed this year?

14. Shocker

I dont know? I belive its the same compound since 2019. Gagne made that step up and has been destroying everyone in MA this year.

People seem to forget that Gagne is a RBRC champion against Danny Kent and Brad Binder.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When was that? How long has Kent and Binder been racing in Euroland versus Gagne? If my aunts had nuts she'd be my uncle.

16. Shocker

Gagne won it in 2010. He and Danny raced RBRC in 2009 and 2010. Brad Binder was in it 2009-2011. I dont know how much time either of them spent racing in Euroland prior to that.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, that was 10 years plus. If it was 2 to 3 years ago, yeah, might be worth something but 10 years, my man.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

I think the fans were robbed of some great years after zarco kinda fell apart year 2 of yamaha and following ktm drama.

Put zarco on a factory spec petronas next year and we'd see many backflips.

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  19. Shocker

What has Gerloff done in the past 10 years to have everyone fawn over him as Rossi's replacement at Petronas? Two MA supersport championships on the only factory 600 team?

BigBird and Senna like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, Zarco is where he needs to be. Build him back up under GiGi and Ducati and in a year or three he'll make a run at the Championship. Under Jarvis he'd fly apart like a Chinese Bolex.

There's a reason Suzuki had him signed but didn't sign him.