1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I didn't account for the quote clipping the bottom lol

So for the season Dovi is still only 2 points ahead of Rossi. Vale could still pull it off

pickled egg likes this.
  2. notbostrom

Maybe it was 3rd

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So the starting grid is the same as yesterday. I thought they redid the grids based on how race 1 finished. Am I mixing that up or did they change the 2nd race grid order rules for this year?

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Also, just saw a 30 second clip from MA on IG. In it, Stanboli said that the R1 makes great power but they have to be careful with the spec fuel and he said something about the volumetric efficiency on a big track like COTA (e.g. ram air I'm guessing) and he said they went just a bit over the line with the mapping considering the spec fuel and the adjustments for volumetric efficiency. Is that a fancy way of saying they had detonation?

G 97 and henry_carlson like this.
  5. notbostrom

Or a piston to sleeve welding experiment

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh I lost the bet but we all know who the fastest guy was. Not my fault his bike went into pit lane mode. I’m proud of Marc.

SuddenBraking, Phl218, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The fastest guy was the one who won.

ShadowBoxer and Peter Hively like this.
  8. notbostrom

Just watching on timing and scoring, it appears petrux is putting on a clinic

hotnail and Yzasserina like this.
  9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Yerp... he sure did... and I'm SURE having this out beside the tele helped again today ... :beer:

P9X.jpg

10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I don't know...the bike sounded kinda off and bucked a bit. From what I heard it wasn't revving up...maybe he didn't configure it right for the start sequence. Dude rode like a madman afterwards Glad he didn't bin it. It was a good show:clap:

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

he needed a tow

jd41, Quicktoy, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  12. notbostrom

Savage

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

So the support team (Westby Racing) beat the factory team. And the Duc checks out.

Going on a limb but perhaps people are catching on how advantages are gained?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

As the announcers stated they thought MM may have had the pit lane limiter on. It appeared as if MM got a good initial start and was going forward for a bit until the bike just fell on its face. It didn’t look as if he was in 2nd gear to me.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s a mad scientist and sometimes I think he simply over thinks some things. He’s always seemed to be this way with having strange or weird occurring issues like this in the past then figures it out as well. :)

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the pit lane limiter as it appeared to die as he slipped the clutch not like it was hitting a limiter which makes it sound like a misfire. It certainly appeared as if he was in second but the graphic showed the bike in first. We'll never really know what happened.

Quicktoy and G 97 like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sorry @Quicktoy ....without that bad start, MM93 wins this race

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Was worth losing to see what he did today and made the race so much fun to watch. I’m screaming he can still do it and I know @Wheel Bearing was screaming fuck he might do it lol.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

If “ifs” and “ands” were pots and pans, there’d be no need for tinkers hands.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Not today unfortunately. Just like last year when Pedro Acosta won from out road. Even if he got top 5, he was fastest guy that race.