1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 10 | Sachsenring | Germany | June 17 - 19

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 13, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

To be honest, Pecco hasn’t shown an abundance of “doing the business yet” either. Certainly not enough to significantly distinguish himself from any other Ducati rider. The reality is, no Ducati rider has demonstrated much, if any level of consistency, including Zarco; although, recently he’s put together a string of three good race results, but for the season he’s still a little suspect. Hopefully one rider can start putting in constantly favorable results at the top end of the field. Until then, Ducati as a whole seems to being OK but they seemingly don’t have any rider they can consistently rely on.

BigBird and nlzmo400r like this.
  2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I don't think its the same case for Yamaha as it is for Honda with the bike being able to be ridden by one person.

Morbidelli hasnt been the same since his knee injury. Just look at his results since the Le Mans 2021 weekend when he injured his knee prior to that weekend. I dont know if he just cant push himself anymore due to a fear of another injury or what, but I believe his time in the paddock may come to an end next year.

Then you have the junior team that doesnt have the funding it once did, running yet another season with a guy on his retirement tour and a Moto3 rookie who didnt set the world on fire in that class, unless you consider taking out other riders an achievement.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean with "Jorge and Enea you haven't done the business yet". Haven't both won MotoGP races with satellite bikes? Did Zarco win with Tech3 or Pramac? Certainly didn't win with the factory KTM.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he's pretty content with where he is now and I know that his boss is very happy to have him. There is no good reason I can think of why going anywhere else would make things better.

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Zarco is Ducati's development rider. He's the one who tries all the new crap and gives the feedback after use at 100% race pace. I cant see Ducati wanting to move Zarco out of that role. Also, Zarco is hugely inconsistent in races too. All the Ducati riders are, it's wild.

Miller - DNF, 4, 14, 3rd, DNF, 5, 2nd, 15, 14, 3....wtf?

Pecco - DNF, 15, 5, 8, 1st, DNF, 1st, DNF, DNF

Enea - 1st, 11, 10, 1st, DNF, 8, 1st, DNF, DNF, 10

Martin - DNF, DNF, 2, 8 DNF, 22, DNF, 13, 2, 6

Zarco - 8, 3, DNF, 9, 2, DNF, 5, 4, 3, 2

A quick look through 10 races and none of these guys have less than a 20% DNF rate...like how the hell is that the case?

MachineR1 likes this.
  6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

DNFs are acceptable for the new guys and the guy developing the bike to some extent, but not the guys who are suppose to be title contenders.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe but I don’t know that that’s a given. Only 3 people chose the medium. Completely different rider, different style, different bike. Hard to say whether he would have been as strong at the end as quart. Especially considering quart had the race his own way. Getting in a scrap also would play a role in wear.

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I miss when the 250’s were faster around Sachsenring than the 500’s

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Cam definitely need to start looking for a ride in Supertsport since that’s where underperforming Moto2 riders seem to end up.

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Cam would be a great replacement for Nozane in WSBK.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would love to see MotoGP and the manufacturers allow Simon to do a segment translating the telemetry data over the onboard front & back video from this past weekend for:

1) Pecco, 2 laps prior, 1 lap prior to, and during his crash.
    2) Maverick, 2 laps prior, 1 lap prior to, and during the ride height adjustment malfunction.
    3) Comparison of Maverick with Aleix in 5,4,3,2, and 1 lap prior to the ride height malfunction.
    4) Nakagami, 2 laps prior, 1 lap prior to, and during his crash.

That would fascinating.

prm likes this.
  12. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

from jack miller face space
    "not your average long lap penalty eh? "
    289634559_5189673017765131_168545749057455866_n.jpg

5axis and Jedb like this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it.

Also makes you look at people different who say they crashed because they hit some gravel.

G 97 and pfhenry like this.
  14. Jedb

The gravel looks scary, but clearly Jack is in DGAF mode.

He had a great ride.

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

what was the long lap penalty for btw ? jump start or something ?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, I think most who crash panic and cause themselves to wad it by stabbing the brakes or putting steering inputs in too aggressively rather than just remaining committed, remaining smooth and rolling right through it nice and EZ .

17. Jedb

sheepofblue and pfhenry like this.
  18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Michele Pirro is the Ducati development rider and has been for quite a while.

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Test rider not development

20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Pecco has a black cloud over his bike...I would like to see if there was a malfunction/glitch with traction control that caused his rear tire to break loose in that corner. Even he was perplexed. You can't say his tires were cold:rolleyes: