1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 8 | Sachsenring | Germany| Jun 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

i used to hat eMM for his arrogance and disrespect for Rossi (and other riders; the game in general) but Rossi lost me when he started losing head games against MM (whom i still not like)

The funny thing is VR being like that now, if you go back to the Biaggi days - he pulled the same disrespect.

Gino230 and Quicktoy like this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Either you end your own career (Stoner) or someone else does. That's just how it goes. There have been plenty of other riders who bested Rossi, and plenty of other riders MM schooled. If MM never wins another race his dominance and style will be his legacy.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This 'hate' thing is indeed fascinating.

Seems to me the worse a rider can do, in his job, is to bore you to bits.

MM always has some good sound bites or makes things happen for it to be an interesting weekend.

FWIW, I like him....

Quicktoy, crashman and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Half the world still thinks Rossi can be competitive. Their opinion on who the face of GP is carries as much weight as OJ looking for the "real killer".

Gino230, Shocker, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sadly, the same folks polluting a race thread with projection based on personalities gleaned from a remote location. All the while, the racer who finished 2nd/1st the last two races owned the Friday practice. Looking forward to a hot Sunday.

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You have really been on his wagon lately, and rightly so. I don't see anyone else pulling for him like you have and it would be pretty awesome since Suzuki won last year, if KTM wins it this year.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. .5 seconds covers top 15 in fp3. It’s close this weekend. Pol destroyed another bike and MM almost didn’t go straight to Q2. All 4 factory Ducs and 3/4 Honda’s straight to Q2 surprisingly.

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Go back to cheering for Tito. Lol.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It’s almost as if AM follows @vizsladog on here to see when he needs to pick up the pace…..:D

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Who you "like" and who you "hate" has as much to do with personality as it does with performance. Sure, the performance has to be there in the first place but add in a good dose of a weird personality and you've got a winner in the popularity game. Take for instance Colin Edwards or Noriyuki Haga. Both had respectable performance but I would maintain that their ability to connect with the fans made them favorites. Casey Stoner's shy personality was a big drag on what was an outstanding performance and the fans reacted accordingly. If you're in it just for the race results then George is your man. If you like the whole circus then VR and maybe MM if he continues to age gracefully.

ShadowBoxer and Quicktoy like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I was amused by Max Oxley suggesting that he puts THE DENTIST on his backside....

No word if the font should be multi-coloured....

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

John McPhee fired his crew chief? Binder Black flagged, jeeze Petronas is a mess!

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Oliveira (and anyone else who comes to a complete stop on a hot track during Qualifying) deserves a race ban for that level of stupidity.

Shocker, 23103a, Quicktoy and 3 others like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Well, let me revise my pick a bit...

Quicktoy, CRA_Fizzer and scottn like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I think he intentionally kept rolling really slowly to avoid that argument.

still plenty stoopid

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Vinales' form in qualifying tells me that the field in MotoGP is so packed now, that if you're even the slightest bit off your game, you're going to be in the back of the pack. IMHO this is a bit of retribution for Rossi's current form: He is still nearly as fast as ever, but a combination of a bit of lack of aggression and some psychological disadvantage from being in the doldrums means he's not doing great within the field's current context. It must be tough to be Rossi right now. Can't imagine how much he is beating himself up every weekend.

Congrats to Zarco! Can't wait to see the Z-Q championship showdown at the end of the season!

scottn likes this.
  18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He didn’t fire him...

henry_carlson likes this.
  19. henry_carlson

Pretty much sums qualifying up. everyone sitting around waiting for a tow Qualifying.JPG

BigBird likes this.
  20. henry_carlson

JR - 12, CB - 25