1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2016 - Who are the Real Contenders?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Now that Jesus of Tavulia has abandoned his appeal of the penalty points assessed over the incident with Marquez, we can focus on 2016.

Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa and Rossi are the obvious top four, but what about the other guys?

It would be nice to see Redding on the Ducati take a solid run at the podium, and early testing results look good for him. Any others who will run at the top?

I'm rooting for Pedro, by the way. He is the only one of the four who showed real maturity this year.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think the Ducatis will be a lot better than they are letting on. targeting 2 wins? I'd be shocked if they only get 2.

and I'm with you on Pedrosa.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think Bradley Smith wins the championship

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Suzuki

The End :D

5. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Same top 4 aliens for the title. But, Redding looks strong, and the Suzuki's should challenge once they get the seamless gearbox.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if Pedrosa isn't in prison for tax evasion. Seems they are after him for $8M in unpaid taxes. :D

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't think the Ducs will win unless some of the other front runners have some bad luck or crash. Straight up race I don't think they've got it to take the lead and walk away at the front still.

If Redding couldn't kick ass on the factory satellite Honda (he was on the same hardware as Crutchlow right?) I doubt he's gonna do it on a satellite Duc either.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Duc has a headstart w/ the electronics, w/ Magnetti Marelli supposedly using their software as the basis for the spec software. that advantage might be bigger once we start seeing race-distance runs too. they also did really well at the beginning of last year. so i could def seem them winning early and more than just twice. i think Iannone is going to challenge the podium A LOT more this year and i could see him taking 2nd or 3rd in the 'ship if things go his way.

but i really wont be surprised when Yamaha catches up and pulls away mid-season to take the 'ship again

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Fuck MotoGP and their prima donnas.

There, I said it. I'll be watching WSBK and BSB for 2016.

cpettit likes this.
  10. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Redding over Iannone on the Duc?

11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

12. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Theyll get one - at Phillip Island with Casey driving. Otherwise it'll be the aliens center podium every race. After all, they're on the best bikes money can buy.

13. I expect the usual four to be running at the front, and also the Ducatis and Maveric on the Suzuki.

I think Ducati will win the first race of the season.

14. Der Oil, are you ready to once again make the claim that Rossi will never win another race, or would you prefer to wait till he's 40 to make that claim again. At some point, it will eventually be a good prediction to make. :p

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

In Spain? Unheard of!

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rooting for the Ducati and Suzuki guys for next year.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What would have been the point of continuing the appeal?

[​IMG]

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

theres no way. Iannone has more experience on the Duc, factory technicians, and is more talented. plus, the GP-X is going to be another step forward and Redding isnt getting one.

im still surprised that the 2nd-tier teams arent getting brand new equipment. everyone always talks about how much the bikes are built around the tires. the new tires are dramatically different, yet Pramac will be on GP15s and Tech3 will be using what Vale and Jorge had at Valencia. perhaps in this years Michelin testing, the factories figured its not a HUGE disadvantage on the old chassis. but we might see another huge gap during the races between the factories and the old equipment.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Don't his penalty points carry over to 2016?

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No idea, but I figured the damage was already done.