1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Stopped by a couple times yesterday but we had just missed you each time. Nice job this weekend!!

Monsterdood likes this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Also didn’t see @tophyr at his rig the couple times we went by there.

The Boy did get to meet Kayla finally end of day yesterday! She’s such a good kid

A35C6663-06CB-4F4D-9E0C-2BB0680F9AF3.jpeg

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Yeah, was trying to look out for you after seeing your post Saturday night! Sorry man! If you come to NJMP let me know and let's get together.

pjzocc likes this.
  4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

They should never allow him another chance to behave like that.
    Let him thank his sponsors on the podium, and no other air time.

G 97, Suzuka_joe, evakat and 2 others like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s an impressive pickup in performance, you have to be proud of yourself!!!

I know we are spitballing with these questions, but how much do you think is attributable to you getting better and more comfortable on the bike? How much is a possible bike setup changes, or even a different motorcycle than before or possible new Dunlop tire changes?

I think you are on a R7 now but I could be confused.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’m on the Aprilia RS660 now built by HSBK (similar to Mazz’s build). I think the Aprilia is easier to get to a good handling point (compared to the struggles I hear about Yamaha setup which seems to be more finicky) and it turns really nicely helping me carry more corner speed, brake later and deeper (auto blipper helps with that too for sure). The higher corner speed keeps the revs up on corner exit for a better drive. It’s crazy how higher corner speed gives you compound interest in time. I also think my K-Tech DDS rear shock gives me great feedback and handling helping too.

I actually struggled a little in Q1 with the rear spinning up and feeling loose and went slower than P1. I had made a gearing change to use more RPMs and I think that affected anti-squat forces on corner exit impacting my ability to get a drive. I made a few suspension adjustments and went to a smaller rear sprocket and the bike became awesome on corner exits and I felt comfortable getting more throttle sooner. And then catching the next group and using them as a carrot gave me that extra motivation too. Overall, one of my best races and looking forward to getting more comfortable with higher corner speeds.

Also, I had two Navy vets crew for me as part of the Vet2Track program and they were awesome. I pitted with Yaunce Long, a Marine veteran, and he had a couple of vets pitting for him too so it was great to hang out with all of them all weekend.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When your job is to talk nonstop like that you make errors, every single sports announcer ever has done it.

Boman Forklift and 418 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given the asphalt available it's the best of a bad situation. The hope is in the future the track will be able to put in something more viable that will work for all of us from trackdays through the pro stuff.

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So any news on the tear down of Lander's engine ???

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're ignoring the part of the definition they're using and only looking at the one you want them to be using. It is an entry level pro class. Cody used it as his entry back into the pro ranks. It is doing exactly as intended by MotoAmerica and it is exactly as described. Your refusal to accept that is all on you.

11. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Words heard on Saturday was.... " and NO, we're not doing a *Ridge* type chicane"..... :beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's wrong with the one at Ridge?

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I'm trying to visualize what they can do there better than what they got given the constraints.
    pirc chic.JPG

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I know he does his own thing and is an adult. I remember thinking at that moment, I’m glad he isn’t my kid, and I rarely feel that way about Josh. I like him, and what he has done in the sport, as well as bring awareness to our sport.

Could just be, I’m an old fart, and young people see nothing wrong with that behavior?

15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Seems like they have more than a crash or two there every weekend. Too close to S/F with 10-15 bikes trying to get into it IMO. At least at race start.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

I didn't wanna be that guy.

Glad you took one for the team. :D

KneeDragger_c69 and HPPT like this.
  17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I looked back a couple pages and didn't see anything about it.... Any news about the Rocco tear down?

SpeedWerks Racing likes this.
  18. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

heard on FB it was legal

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

An actual paved chicane on the same side would work.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhh - the location, got it. Yeah Pitt wouldn't need one like that at all. Not sure why they don't use the main track for starts at Ridge.