1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not refusing to except anything. Like I stated prior, fine by me. I’m not the one calling it an entry level class, Moto America is and obviously I’ve never stated that it wasn’t a pro level class. The definition is the definition. I did reference an out of date age range that Moto America originally established for the class in an old press release, my bad on that.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The definition is the definition indeed - so why are you only focusing on one part and ignoring that entry level means other things than JUST beginner?

I don't care about the date thing, it's a moot point.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, I could just as easily ask you, why are you seemingly choosing to ignore that entry level also means beginner? I also believe I posted the entire definition which did include the other things.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not an also thing. It's an or thing. Welcome to definitions.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Quoting yourself is always a risky proposition especially in this place but you pulled it off well.
    Great job yesterday man, see you at Barber. :beer:

chris.jpg

Gino230 and Monsterdood like this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Lol, I was beyond stoked to move up and battle with the next group of racers!

I won’t be at MA Barber as I don’t think I would qualify and need to race with WERA there some more before I attempt to qualify for MA. Those guys up front are too fast and set a high bar to bring anything less than your A game. I need more practice there to bring my A game! Maybe GNF… who knows :beer:

Boman Forklift and pjzocc like this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

No sweat I know the weekend keeps you busy and didn’t want to look like too much of a stalker by hovering around like a bald fat lunatic.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Superbike race 1 is on now. Race 2 at 4 pm. Foxsports2.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Please don't get him restarted. He went full FBK three days ago. The forum is still recovering. :D

R1Racer99, socalrider and stk0308 like this.
  10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I just don't think it is appropriate behavior for a "professional" being interviewed at his place of employment.

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Was this prior to race 1 or 2? I haven't watched either SS race yet. I'm going to lock the door in the garage and get caught up tonight

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Race 1 Saturday. It’s still there

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah that was quite the embarrasment.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Have you ever talked to someone to tell you about the track, braking points, areas to look out for, etc? That is my son's favorite track and he only ran there one weekend. That track is so awesome, I want to encourage you to try and qualify.

I ask because we showed up there, and Tyler had never even seen the track. Fortunately, a very nice racer, Jason DiSalvo, gave Tyler some pointers before he went out to learn the track. Like many times that year, we had a bunch of electrical problems and even though Ty qualified higher, he had to start from the very back row of the grid. Tyler worked his way up to 8th, and finished behind Jake Lewis, Dustin Dominguez, James Rispoli, Stefano Mesa, Cory Alexander, Thomas Puerta, and Elena Meyers.

I'm 100% sure Tyler would give you pointers from when he ran there. However, guys who have more recently probably would too, and they would know any recent changes to the surface, that Tyler would not know.

Last week he told me, he is actually thinking about buying himself the Porsche Experience at Barber. He wants to ride/drive that track again. I told him I will fly out and watch, or maybe save up some money and do it with him.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I appreciate the encouragement and in fact, I grew up in Pinson about 20 minutes away from there! (Before the track was built though). The many blind turns and my methodical (ie slow) approach to learning tracks will make it tough. The faster I go, the faster the leaders at the front go too so I just need to get to the next level in my riding before I attempt that track with MA.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Understood.

Have you taken the YCRS program?

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

You ended up beating the qualifying time at Pitt by over 2.5 seconds; that's about the margin by which I've made the qualifying cut this year at every round and there's never really been a question of whether or not I'd make it. That says to me you'll make it no problem as well.

Let's learn the place together. All my friends are either back on the the Left Coast or busy during the weekend with their big-semi teams. Plus, if you're gonna learn, might as well learn from dudes that really rip.

18. khill

khill Well-Known Member

^^I'm happy to share one of the videos I send yo my riders as a pre race briefing.....

SuddenBraking, noles19, cBJr and 4 others like this.
  19. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I'm pretty sure PITT, Barber and Gingerman were all designed by Alan Wilson. Now, I have never been to Barber, but I have 15 bagillion laps at Gingerman in a car and maybe 1000 or so on a bike.. I went to PITT for the first time in 2020 for WERA. I didn't do the N2 practice day, or ride Saturday (It was Endurance only) Then on Sunday it was pouring rain most of the day.. However, I actually felt pretty good there. I think I ended up running a 54 in mixed conditions with a rain front and a slick rear. (Novice on a 600)

When I went back this year, I ran 50's

PITT has a lot more elevation than Gingerman, but a number of corners are actually very similar. T1 at Gingerman and Pitt feel almost exactly the same on how you attack entry. Both are downhill and blind, but I think PITT is double the radius size. They both have a fast kink, T17-T18 and T5-T6 at PITT both feel almost like a slightly elongated replica of T3 at Gingerman.

I have never been to Barber, but I think I will be going for GNF. A number of guys I race with say I should be able to get up to pace fairly quick there because of how much I like Gingerman and PITT. I'll leave that up to when I exit pit lane there, however it does make me feel a bit of confidence going into it.

I think #138 should definitely try to qualify!

Boman Forklift and Monsterdood like this.
  20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Please do.