1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

750's makin life pretty difficult for 600's. Still not sure how this is a good rule.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

To be fair, they're also making life difficult for a 950cc twin.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is the way

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

its a rule that benefits M4 and they invest alot into MA.. gotta keep your biggest team in the paddock happy. The 750 isn't approved yet in Europe, still pending next gen approval so I'm not sure why MA says they follow FIA rules.

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Because the top 5 are within .25 sec and consist of 2 suzuki 750s, 2 R6s and 1 Ducati. Seems like a decent rule package to me.

Sudowoodo, Nathey, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  6. kenessex

Do you really think that MA tunes their rules to suit a particular team?
    Do you know why the 750 is pending? Might it have something to do with an approved fly by wire system which is being developed and tested here with MA?
    Conspiracy much?

MyWayGuy and Steeltoe like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But what are their trap speeds?

ClemsonsR6, ToofPic, G Dawg and 10 others like this.
  8. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

saw Mathew run up on traffic in sector 1(53.6) that he had the high trap speed that had him throw that lap away. lap 15 was his fastest in Q1 and he was on a tear to improve. wasn't happy.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I think the big elephant in the paddock is the 2013 Superbike champion racing a Ducati against what some could say a less experienced Supersport grid outside of Mr Hayes.

Oh yeah he's retired but glad to see him doing well and he may win the whole damn thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    FastByKids and 5axis like this.
  10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Tyler Scott, amazing rider, mega talent.. but just came off a junior bike. SL very new to the class as well, against some very experienced riders... time will tell, but 150cc's is a MEGA advantage. Just a short time ago, many were yelling about the 2mm overbore (36cc's) allowed by the kawi. LOL

GO JH4 and team Squid Hunter ! ;)

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yup. My trap speed is 5-8mph down on similar bikes and I know it’s because I’m not getting through the last corner as well and I’m not getting as tucked in as I should be. Maybe the other Aprilias have a Rapid Bike tune and a few more HP or maybe they’ve ported the head and run a thinner head gasket, better gearing or something, but beyond that I’m down on speed because of me, not the bike. I just keep telling myself that more corner speed gives me more power on the exit….

5axis and FastByKids like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What are you using to tune?

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just have the Aprilia Race ECU and that’s it.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I keep waiting for the press conference complaining about the extra cc's.:crackup::crackup:

15. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I love this. You can't plan or orchestrate this eloquent rhetoric- it has to be heart-felt, experience, anger & libation inspired. Simply priceless.

And to top it off, he uses my favorite Latin phrase. Bravo!

Cheers,

Dave

Gino230 and kenessex like this.
  16. kenessex

That is about as meaningless comment as can be made about this. 150cc is an advantage if both engines are allowed the same state of tune and that is clearly not the case here. How about this, but having 4 cylinders is a MEGA advantage, Herrin should be crying that his bike should have more cylinders.
    How about if you keep the comparisons apples to apples instead of trying to make some stupid point for some unknown reason. You know better than to lower yourself to this level of stupidity.

Nathey likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

JC things are getting hoity-toity in here!

18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Numbers don’t lie

:crackup:

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yep, new self appointed mod going off like firecrackers on the Chinese New Year. Lots of noise…

20. kenessex

You can tolerate as much ignorance as you would like, however, I think I will just continue to call it out when I see it. Too many people seem to think that if they say something long enough and loud enough, that will make it true. The delusions of others are not the truth for me.